Drotts on demolition

Discuss track loaders here

IANOZ

Re: Drotts on demolition

Post #11 by IANOZ » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:48 pm

HI jim , my opossion up here loads and unloads his cat 939 drott the same way as you did all the time, but on a tipper. TO unload he starts the machine ,gets down and starts the truck body going up, then gets back on the machine and walks it to the back of the body and opens the 4 in 1, reaching down and as the truck body gets higher walks ahead till the front idler is on the ground , then lifts the bucket up and walks it off with the rippers down on the back of the truck then lifts the rippers and lowers back of the tracks on to the ground and walks the machine away from the truck ,jumps off and drops the truck body down, When he loads up he tips the truck body up and puts it in the hold positon, backs the drott up to the truck puts ripper bar on back of truck & lifts back of machine backs up & pushs with 4 in 1 till back of track is on the back of truck. then gets off and puts truck hoist in lower posiston ,climbs back on machine and pushs with 4 in 1 and backs on as the body goes down. Mad as a cut snake . I cannt do it with the FL5 as i dont have high lift pippers like he has, by the way ,he takes the tines out and puts them in up side down so he can get the ripper beam to clear the truck body . What would your workplace health and safety guys make of him over your neck of the woods boys. lock him up and throw away the keys I did load and unload my 8 ton excavator roughly the same way . Walk it to back of truck put bucket on ground and walk ahead till tracks were just sitting on truck,lift bucket & lower track to ground ,swing round &put bucket in back of the lift tracks off back of truck ,then walkback till tracks were clear of truck lower tracks to ground and offto work simple .ian.

IANOZ

Post #12 by IANOZ » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:04 pm

obvious our BO &enthusisasm scared them of again jim,OR we got to pull some old photos out to bribe them into talking to us.think i have a massey 300 somewhere,can you raise with a 400?? IAN.

Topic author
XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by XS650 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:22 pm

Seen a few tracked loaders unloaded from low loaders using ripper but not from tippers.
Do they call these trailers low loaders in Oz ?
P1010206.JPG
drott oakleys.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Not all those who wander are lost.

martyn williams

Post #14 by martyn williams » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:07 pm

Good photo of that BTD 6 Craig.These days I would be carefull on fitting a semi rotary pump on a machine,you may end up with an empty fuel tank :lol:
Would it be possible to put that photo onto my Drott website.
Visit it at www.freewebs.com/internationaldrottclub/
Cheers
Martyn

BulldozerD11

Post #15 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:51 pm

B100 LOADER wrote:Good photo of that BTD 6 Craig.These days I would be carefull on fitting a semi rotary pump on a machine,you may end up with an empty fuel tank :lol:
Would it be possible to put that photo onto my Drott website.
Visit it at www.freewebs.com/internationaldrottclub/
Cheers
Martyn

Hi Martyn some good pictures on your site. :thumbs_up:

I'll add you a link on the The IH page at the Tractor Wiki to your site.
I've not got many IH / Drott photos yets :( as never took any of the BTD 6 I had years ago. :doh:

Must say your machine looks excellent in the Red, especially with a cab complete with glass :!:

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
XS650

Post #16 by XS650 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:53 pm

No problem Martyn,it belongs to Oakley plant of Scarborough and photo was at Driffield show a few years ago. Along with his nice CAT D8:-
cat d8 driffield.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

BulldozerD11

Post #17 by BulldozerD11 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:32 pm

XS650 wrote:No problem Martyn,it belongs to Oakley plant of Scarborough and photo was at Driffield show a few years ago. Along with his nice CAT D8:-
cat d8 driffield.JPG

Hi craig there was a D8 last year at Driffield Steam Rally but with a cab on;
http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Caterpillar_D8

Looks like it was in the same spot :)
Im not enough of a Cat expert to tell if it was the same version. :(

Dave
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Topic author
XS650

Post #18 by XS650 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:26 am

Moving back to the theme (almost) :D Cat ??? and Seddon scow end tipper demolishing fine stone Glasgow tenament. Essential wire rope in foreground for the high rise stuff !
demo glasgow.jpg

DaveS

Post #19 by DaveS » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:44 am

On the SCRAN site (http://www.scran.ac.uk) there are some cracking old plant pictures!

You have to be a paying member to view the full size copyright images, but you can search and view thumbnails free.

Here's a few examples:

http://www.scran.ac.uk/database/record.php?usi=000-000-116-926-C&scache=6udcz1y0fq&searchdb=scran

http://www.scran.ac.uk/database/record.php?usi=000-000-116-910-C&scache=1udiddh0kt&searchdb=scran

http://www.scran.ac.uk/database/record.php?usi=000-000-042-674&scache=6udcz1y0fq&searchdb=scran

Dave S.

Rusted

Post #20 by Rusted » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:56 am

XS650 wrote:Seen a few tracked loaders unloaded from low loaders using ripper but not from tippers.
Do they call these trailers low loaders in Oz ?
P1010206.JPG
drott oakleys.JPG

Yes, we call them low loaders, though "float" is the most commonly used term. Nice pics by the way.

Return to “Track Loaders”