International B125 fitted with JCB digger

Discuss track loaders here

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Re: International B125 fitted with JCB digger

Post #11 by FOWLER MAN » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Julian,
Like Martin I,m sure its a B100 loder.
The B100 was superceded by the 100 Loader circa 1970, the 100 Loader also updated the final drives with plannetary reductions like the 125.
Back in the 1960s when I worked on the spanners there was allways at least one in the workshop, usualy with back end problems. I think I could still rebuild one blindfold.
I later owned a B100 and a 125 of my own.
A friend of mine ran a B 100 with the JCB 3 backhoe which I hired from time to time.
The backhoe was far too heavy for it, the legs were too low to the ground and we were for ever getting stuck and lifting it out, unless in the hardest of ground.
If you did find hard ground then the front bucket wouldn't penetrate because the weight on the back end just unballanced the whole thing and the front just lifted.
That said I think it would make a great restoration project. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Good luck with it.
Fred

CAT444F

Re: International B125 fitted with JCB digger

Post #12 by CAT444F » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:52 pm

Steelfab wrote:Came across ths old Internation crawler yesterday still in working order in a forest in Staffordshire. Looking at the original brochure which I have posted a picture of, it was available on the B500, B100 and B125 and I believe this is a B125 although I would like someone to confirm this if they know judging by the pictures.

The machine fired up straight away although with a lot of smoke but after a minute cleared and runs very smoothly. It was my first time at driving a crawler and all the hydraulics work well although the loader lever has a lot of play in the linkages. The excavator end also works well and there isn't a lot of play in the linkages either. The machine tracks back and forth well and the right brake is very effective but the left brake needs a lot of foot work to make it active.

Are these straight forward to work on and it is a big job to sort the poor left brake? Anyone else seen another one of these?

I owned and worked one of these way back, bit heavy on rear end with hoe on, light on rear with it off and a front bucket full. Steering brake may be seized linkage, brake bands fairly easy to work on with riveted linings. If the hoe was left off the machine for long it would creep down on the rams making it difficult to re attach. If you do release the hoe from the Drott, once unclipped from its locations, stop the engine, disconnect the hydraulic supply pipes, (they were Dowty screw type self sealing couplings) then re connect the male to female couplings together on the rear of the Drott to maintain the Drotts hydraulic flow.Do not start the engine until these are coupled. The Drotts engine was indirect injection which required a lot of heater plug to start, the key to be turned to heat position until the "pepper pot" resistor element on the dash board glows red then turn to crank engine, it does smoke and splutter, but once warmed it should run even and without smoke. I seem to remember a cold start button on the in line injector pump.
Hope this helps. Good luck.
CAT 444F.

Return to “Track Loaders”