Massey Ferguson 244 crawler loader

Discuss track loaders here

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Re: Massey Ferguson 244 crawler loader

Post #31 by JimInOz » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:03 am

I wonder if the 2244 was the model exported to the USA & Oz,while the original 244 was the UK model ??

The track chains/sprockets & loader frames on the local 200s were slightly "beefier" than on the 2244s.

Jim

merfyn

Post #32 by merfyn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:16 pm

sorry theres no year on the 244 brochure. I would think it was 1964 or 65.dad had a new 244 in 1965 then he had a new 200 in 1970. all the masseys i have seen have the loader like the 200b book you have

Ryan676

Post #33 by Ryan676 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:32 pm

Hi. I am looking for parts for a MF 244 or a whole unit.

We have recently had ours vandalised and many parts taken or broken, some parts are just worn out. I am looking for:

• Sprocket x 2
• Oil cap
• Fuel cap
• To the rear right of the seat there’s a block of valves I’m not sure what this is called I guess valve block.
• Dynamo and the bracket (they even stole the braket).
• Gauges( oil pressure/ Water/ Hours(revs))
• Brake and throttle knob
And a manual if possible.

Please could you let me know if it is possible to get these parts.

Many thanks,

Ryan

martyn williams

Post #34 by martyn williams » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Just an update on this post,we went to see the 244,started up fine but needed some work on it.My mate was very interested in it but the seller decided to keep it.A shame as my mate would have restored it to as new condition.
Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

marcthebuilder

Post #35 by marcthebuilder » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi Guys, i am now finished with my little 244 and wish to sell it on, i have replaced loads of hydraulic hoses (17 in total) new seals on 4 rams and 3 rams completely overhauled. The engine has been regularily serviced and runs sweet as a nut. The machine comes with a rear actor which does all function and which i have replaced hoses, pins could do with being shimmed but it does all work.
The machine is totally original and has not been restored in any way, i dont know how many hours it has but oil preasure is good. For full details and pictures then please send me a message or email me direct on marcphillips@hotmail.co.uk.
Please note the machine is in southern Spain, 45 minutes from Malaga airport.

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Post #36 by jcb4cx » Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:12 pm

marcthebuilder wrote:Hi Guys, i am now finished with my little 244 and wish to sell it on, i have replaced loads of hydraulic hoses (17 in total) new seals on 4 rams and 3 rams completely overhauled. The engine has been regularily serviced and runs sweet as a nut. The machine comes with a rear actor which does all function and which i have replaced hoses, pins could do with being shimmed but it does all work.
The machine is totally original and has not been restored in any way, i dont know how many hours it has but oil preasure is good. For full details and pictures then please send me a message or email me direct on marcphillips@hotmail.co.uk.
Please note the machine is in southern Spain, 45 minutes from Malaga airport.

Hmmm whats the maximum on hand luggage these days :D
every village has one , is yours missing you

bobinuk

Post #37 by bobinuk » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:05 pm

244 had a 3 cylinder Perkins, as fitted to MF 35's etc. After 244 came 200 same dog different spots! MF Backactor was common to both. I know this as I started on a 244 with a Ulrich front 4in1 and then got a new 200,Drott 4in1, which had the old back end fitted whilst waiting for the new one which should have come with it.
Not a bad machine to drive but cold in winter with no cab/s. Used to break ripper tines on a regular basis,always replaced under warranty so I guess a bad batch made

Return to “Track Loaders”