our new replacement truck

Topic author
70's steve
Flag: Great Britain

our new replacement truck

Post #1 by 70's steve » Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:47 am

Hi all ,
Our new replacement truck was given to us this week a eurocargo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by 70's steve on Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

widget

Re: our new replacement truck

Post #2 by widget » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:10 am

Nice one Steve.......Very shiny :thumbup:

This may have an obvious answer :oops: What are the large yellow springs for on the side of the body, are they to assist with the drop down sides?

Richard
I want to rust out not wear out

Topic author
70's steve

Post #3 by 70's steve » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:47 am

Yes they are Richard and is an automatic lorry instead of manual and got more gadgets than a swizz army knife lol

tim

Post #4 by tim » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:51 am

Nice pics Steve-the Iveco looks well specced up for the job you do,we use the Thompson bodies at work and they do stand up well to the punishment they get at our place-we carry everything from sand to concrete lumps.Those bolt on wings are a good idea too-sometimes the wheeled loader drivers will come in too close and catch them-they have them on the 2 new Volvos at work.Auto boxes seem to be coming in in a big way now-at our place there are only 3 manual boxes left on the 8wheeler/artic fleet of around 15 lorries.
Here's one of the new Volvos
fm12.jpg

:thumbup: Tim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

widget

Post #5 by widget » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:41 pm

We like gadgets Steve :thumbup:

Tim, the first time i drove our new automatic Volvo, i was straightening up in the yard to drop the trailer off. As i approached our main gates at walking speed, which were also closed i went to dip the clutch.......mmmm no clutch, the gate post was pretty close by this time so what did i do......looked down for the clutch pedal :doh: It did finally register just to press the brake tho just in time :oops: . I was in auto pilot and i think stupid mode :lol:

Neversweat

Post #6 by Neversweat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:48 am

widget wrote:We like gadgets Steve :thumbup:

Tim, the first time i drove our new automatic Volvo, i was straightening up in the yard to drop the trailer off. As i approached our main gates at walking speed, which were also closed i went to dip the clutch.......mmmm no clutch, the gate post was pretty close by this time so what did i do......looked down for the clutch pedal :doh: It did finally register just to press the brake tho just in time :oops: . I was in auto pilot and i think stupid mode :lol:

I've done the complete opposite - As nearly all Renault Premiums come with the auto box when I moved a manual one I only pressed the brake when trying to stop - Took a few seconds to click why it was still trying to go forwards and getting a bit of a jerk on :oops: - I had another pedal to press :thumbup:
Our local Council bought an IVECO very similar but it had an under floor compressor fitted.Sadly as a 12 tonner it came on 9.5 x 17.5 tyres and was too high to do patching work etc. At its first MOT it had only covered 2,200 Kms about 1,300 Miles and they sold it soon after.

Steve

tim

Post #7 by tim » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:16 am

Neversweat wrote:

I've done the complete opposite - As nearly all Renault Premiums come with the auto box when I moved a manual one I only pressed the brake when trying to stop - Took a few seconds to click why it was still trying to go forwards and getting a bit of a jerk on :oops: - I had another pedal to press :thumbup:
Our local Council bought an IVECO very similar but it had an under floor compressor fitted.Sadly as a 12 tonner it came on 9.5 x 17.5 tyres and was too high to do patching work etc. At its first MOT it had only covered 2,200 Kms about 1,300 Miles and they sold it soon after.

Steve

I have had the same trouble as Neversweat-stalled both the Scania and my own car after driving one of the auto Volvos :dizzy:

Neversweat

Post #8 by Neversweat » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:32 am

tim wrote:
Neversweat wrote:

Steve

I have had the same trouble as Neversweat-stalled both the Scania and my own car after driving one of the auto Volvos :dizzy:

:D :lol: :thumbup: I was heading to our Inspection Bay at the time - Unfortunately the door was down :roll:

Steve

widget

Post #9 by widget » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:01 pm

Thanks for that guys, i think i can lose the red face now ;)
I think we can put it down to what is called muscle memory!!
Thats what they call it when learning to mount a shotgun in your shoulder without thinking about where your aiming at, so i think we have mastered it when it comes to clutch or no clutch :lol: :doh: :thumbup:

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”