Scania Topline height

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Re: Scania Topline height

Post #21 by v8detroit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:40 pm

bigkit wrote:Thanks John. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Love the number plate!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :claphands: :thumbup:

I'll heed your advice. No need to ask what you were going to do about your older truck then! :lol:

thanks Clive, i bought the plate in 05 from dvla but never had anything new enough to put it on till now.i sold my old 144 got 10 grand for
it ,but they are great trucks the old 144`s would have kept it only for the lez :( i see your volvo on ebay looks real nice i used to have a
1994 f12 405hp midlift when i bought my first truck.

Topic author
bigkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #22 by bigkit » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:48 pm

The volvo was sold yesterday.....................git pulled out by text today! :x back up for sale again now.......get your cash out :lol:

Thanks for reassuring me about the 144. I'm looking forward to putting her on the road. That LEZ is a ba**ard. If I have to I'll try and put a CAT on the old girl. It'll be cheaper than one like yours! :lol: (envy)

I'll see how we get on and maybe I'll invest some more if it goes alright. ;)

Topic author
bigkit

Post #23 by bigkit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:57 pm

1st day on the road :D well pleased.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jimmy 130

Post #24 by jimmy 130 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Looks well Clive. Hope she serves you well. I was well jel of your Volvo and now I'm even more jelious that you've got a (king of the road)

Best of luck with her Clive
James

Topic author
bigkit

Post #25 by bigkit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Well the volvo's for sale Jimmy.................come on.............you know you want it!!!! :lol:

As for the scania..........man it purs, I can see why you old boys love the V8's! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Topic author
bigkit

Post #26 by bigkit » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:55 pm

Well the volvo's for sale Jimmy.................come on.............you know you want it!!!! :lol:

As for the scania..........man it purs, I can see why you old boys love the V8's! :lol: :lol: :lol:

v8detroit

Post #27 by v8detroit » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:36 pm

bigkit wrote:Well the volvo's for sale Jimmy.................come on.............you know you want it!!!! :lol:

Clive you will have to tip the cab to t cut the roof,red must be the worst colour for fading .she looks good.here`s my old 530 topline
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
bigkit

Post #28 by bigkit » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:13 am

You've had some nice wagons over the years John. Where in N/W London do you hail from? Have you just got the one R580 now? I'm keen to learn from the master! :lol:

v8detroit

Post #29 by v8detroit » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:58 pm

bigkit wrote:You've had some nice wagons over the years John. Where in N/W London do you hail from? Have you just got the one R580 now? I'm keen to learn from the master! :lol:

hi Clive ,i am just a owner driver now used to run 2 but work dried up so just drive myself now.we are around wembley / harrow area .most of our work is london and the home counties.it`s hard now with the price of diesel .i dont know about the master been driving low loaders since i was 23 so been doing it 20 years now. :think: :( it`s a young mans game ;)

Topic author
bigkit

Post #30 by bigkit » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:37 am

You must know whats his name..............Coyne from over there, he's moved me a couple of times, last was about 4 years ago. We are much the same, I'm 43 and my first low loader of any size was a 142 at 23, :D the owner moaned it cost as much to insure me as it cost in diesel! :lol: Still I loved it.....even driving around London 'cos they had a 2nd yard in South Norwood. It'd be a job to get a 23 year old on one now.

I used to do a lot up around your part for Ealing Borough Council and Kensington and Chelsea but I got fed up with the travelling over the past few years! Must be getting lazy!! :wtf:

I must say its hard to make such a large financial commitment to trucks when you weigh up the return, they're so expensive now especially if you need a euro 4+ for the LEZ. :roll:

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”