ERF European MW7

Topic author
deanb
Flag: Great Britain

ERF European MW7

Post #1 by deanb » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:10 am

Hello, Just wondered if anyone recognised this blue ERF truck ? I am looking for photos of these ERF's and have probably all the ones on the
net and trucknet etc. But if anyone has any in there collections would love to see them. They were very rare and ERF records indicate that
only 91 were built. I am helping a friend who is writing a book about them. They were built for the European market and were therefore LHD.

I think this pic may have been taken at Dow-mac concrete Tallington.

This one Pountains heavy haulage operated although it started life with a MW5 cab it was involved in a accident and was recabbed
with a MW7 cab which makes it not a genuine MW7 but a very impressive looking truck. Its the only one that was RHD as they were
all LHD. Whilst in Pountains ownership it was also painted a light grey colour.

Beresford also operated one and also had a owner driver operate one in Beresford's colours called Albert Dale.

Beresfords one.

Albert Dale,owner driver for Beresford's.

Shamara heavy haulage from Southampton operated this one.

After Shamara had finished with it ,Raynor Plant from Alfreton,Derbyshire operated it.

Thomas Greer & Sons from Holytown,Scotland operated this one.

THis ERF demonstrator was used in Truck magazine euro test in 1975. Reg KDM 460N however i dont know who finally bought it and
operated it.

Another ERF demonstrator reg JLG 35N we believe was sold to someone in Kuwait but someone may have some pics of it before it was sold.

Will add to some more pics but if anyone has any information or photos please pop them on. Thankyou.

essexpete

Re: ERF European MW7

Post #2 by essexpete » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:58 pm

How to make an ERF look like the result of a Scania mating with a Seddon. There was a thread a while back with something mentioned about these. Perhaps it was the op's thread?
If the door had been swept down in front of the wheel it would have been very modern. I assume Motor Panels?

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:13 pm

Hi Dean, welcome to CMN :wave: must confess I know very little about these ERF's except what has been stated above; I seem to recall a small bit about them in Pat Kennet's book on ERF.
Yes Pete you are right when I first saw one I thought it looked just like the Scania of that time.

Jeremy

Topic author
deanb

Post #4 by deanb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:09 pm

essexpete wrote:How to make an ERF look like the result of a Scania mating with a Seddon. There was a thread a while back with something mentioned about these. Perhaps it was the op's thread?
If the door had been swept down in front of the wheel it would have been very modern. I assume Motor Panels?

Hello essexpete ,thanks for your reply. They were nicknamed the Sandbach Scania. What do you mean by op's thread ??? thanks Dean

Topic author
deanb

Post #5 by deanb » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Jeremy Rowland wrote:Hi Dean, welcome to CMN :wave: must confess I know very little about these ERF's except what has been stated above; I seem to recall a small bit about them in Pat Kennet's book on ERF.
Yes Pete you are right when I first saw one I thought it looked just like the Scania of that time.

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy, Yes there was some stuff in that book. Unfortunately due to bad management / marketing they were not a success. They should
have been a huge success as Truck magazine did a truck test in 1975 and it was quicker than a F89 Volvo and Scania 140,so was a very powerful
strong truck.

essexpete

Post #6 by essexpete » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:58 pm

deanb wrote:
Jeremy Rowland wrote:Hi Dean, welcome to CMN :wave: must confess I know very little about these ERF's except what has been stated above; I seem to recall a small bit about them in Pat Kennet's book on ERF.

Jeremy

Hello Jeremy, Yes there was some stuff in that book. Unfortunately due to bad management / marketing they were not a success. They should
have been a huge success as Truck magazine did a truck test in 1975 and it was quicker than a F89 Volvo and Scania 140,so was a very powerful
strong truck.

Same old story of too much Uk industry of that era.
OP means original poster

Return to “Trucks/Lorrys”