Nicks Blog | Archive plant & machinery photos from Digger

News from the market and industry

Topic author
RSS Bot

Nicks Blog | Archive plant & machinery photos from Digger

Post #1 by RSS Bot » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:04 pm

The Digger blog has recently purchased a large number of archive photographs from well respected plant & machinery writer Hinton J Sheryn.

The collections of over 700 shots, many of which have never been published before, covers a wide variety of machines and were a lifetimes work for Hinton, who said "he wanted them to go to a good home".

Well there is no better place then here on the Digger blog and I personally look forward to sharing them here with you over the coming months and years.

I know from the hundreds of emails I get from readers just how much you all enjoy the trips back down memory lane so I hope you all enjoy these photos as much as I have in obtaining them.

I thought I would kick off with a selection of classic scrapers in action shots to wet your appetite for the gems that I have uncovered in the collection.

In this photo taken around 1969 at the Stanway bypass works is one of the first Caterpillar 627's to be put to work in the country being assisted by a Caterpillar D8 22A model.

© Copyright 2010
http://www.sed365.com/digger-blog/2010/09/archive_plant_machinery_photos.html

Return to “News”