Road wars with a JCB Telehandler

Put your favorite links in this forum!

Topic author
Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Road wars with a JCB Telehandler

Post #1 by Martyn Henley » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:55 am

A man who drove a stolen JCB through a Nottinghamshire village leaving a trail of destruction has been jailed for four-and-a-half years.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-15157701

usedjcbdave

Re: Road wars with a JCB Telehandler

Post #2 by usedjcbdave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Not long enough IMHO !

zng109

Post #3 by zng109 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:22 pm

very dangerous, and highly disrespectful to the deceased. I cant see the point in it myself they are not the worlds best "get away cars"
why buy when you can hire?

Topic author
Martyn Henley

Post #4 by Martyn Henley » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:30 pm

Ian, they do it mainly for kicks... :dizzy: normally when they get nicked and taken to court they get a rap over the knuckles and community work.

Martyn

zng109

Post #5 by zng109 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:40 pm

I have 3 8014's on hire now, 2 1 ton thwaites any one touches them they will get a few kicks ;)
I have very strong ideas about theift of tools,
If you steal someones TV its not right but at least they can get another one, steal a mans tools and you take his abilaty to work and put food on the table, to me its a much worse crime by far :thumbup:

oh and by the way my spelling is horendous so feel free to edit it if you wish :thumbup:

usedjcbdave

Post #6 by usedjcbdave » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:57 pm

Think JCBs Live Link fitted to machines is a fantastic step foward in the increasing problem of plant theft.Linked to satellite technology this gives the vital information to the end user of where the machine is located or to ring fence the machine which sends a signal out to say the machine is on the move etc.It even contacts the dealer to notify a service is due or even if the engine is overheating etc etc.A great investment gladly accepted by their customers !

essexpete

Post #7 by essexpete » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:05 pm

I should think it was lucky that the B*stard did not kill someone.

zng109

Post #8 by zng109 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:22 am

usedjcbdave wrote:Think JCBs Live Link fitted to machines is a fantastic step foward in the increasing problem of plant theft.Linked to satellite technology this gives the vital information to the end user of where the machine is located or to ring fence the machine which sends a signal out to say the machine is on the move etc.It even contacts the dealer to notify a service is due or even if the engine is overheating etc etc.A great investment gladly accepted by their customers !

working for a very tight multinational, we do not have such luxurys. however I am very fond of the A plant system in which apart from vehical tracking they can disable and enable vehicals by remote, so basicly when your start starts at say 08.00 HRS they "enable the vehical" and at site down time they disable the vehical.
Though admitedly A plant have installed the system more to stop or should I say to register un authorised use of the vehicals on weekends ect by sub contractors taking them off site for "cash" jobs any way :backto:

andyb

Post #9 by andyb » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:23 am

"He was sentenced on Monday after the court was told how he was part of a gang which stole plant equipment - he admitted stealing 16 other vehicles in the year leading up to his capture."

A quote from the yahoo news page of this incident , anyone that steals is as low as its possible , albeit from someones house or a building site in the end someone has to pay for a replacement and the person/persons that pay in the long run is us.

Andy

zng109

Post #10 by zng109 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:59 pm

correct, but I have seen the effects of tool theft on small builders, they are unable to work and loose work for the duration until their tools are replaced.
Should someone nick my telly I can continue to work and buy another one, dont get me wrong I am not saying either act is right but I feel that people who purchase stolen tools and people who steal them should face harsher penaltys as you are defacto stealing someones lively hood :thumbup:

Return to “Links”