MOT time for my King low loader.

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
Julian

Re: MOT time for my King low loader.

Post #11 by Julian » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:39 pm

Just to let everyone (inc Paul :) ) know that both the unit and trailer sailed through the MOT on Tuesday at Blakes. Just a few odds and sods to sort out for next time (which I've already done) like reflectors, side spray reducing skirts for the trailer and a slightly perished rubber union on the trailer axle load sense valve. Blakes kindly let me have a new one from their stores for about £3.00

The brakes on the trailer worked perfectly, (which was somewhat of a surprise to me!) locking up the wheels no bother even with the thing loaded up with pallets of stones, handbrake worked too... The chaps said that the axles were Rubbery Owen which are good compared to some other makes.

Julian.

v8detroit
Flag: Ireland

Re: MOT time for my King low loader.

Post #12 by v8detroit » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:00 pm

Julian wrote:
v64paul wrote:Julian, Jubilee clips will be absoulutley fine. It's a constant surprise as regards what VOSA will actually accept at the time of an annual test. This is because they regard it as the minimum standard that a truck should be maintained to. The reason there are so many failures is that the guidance notes are vague at best, leaving the onus on the opinion of the inspector at the time. Of course if the tester lets one go that later was judged to be un-roadworthy...

Hope the E series is still pulling well, bloody DAF's still keeping me busy!

Cheers Paul, I hoped you might know the answer. The trailer test is up now but the unit has about 9 months left. I'll get both done together at Blakes, Little Leigh (do you know of them?) because they have a VOSA man and test lane 5 days a week. If I do them together they'll be in sync for 2011.

The E12 is fine, got the rev counter sorted and the paint job finished. Just the effing Lucas skid check that still plays up :cry:

URL of the original image: http://i251.photobucket.com/albums/gg291/Julian100_01/Wicksteed%20Hacksaw/DSCN0364.jpg

Julian.

Nice ERF and king trailer i have seen pictures of it somewhere else,maybe when i was looking for a 2 axel lowbed finaly found one (transquip)my transquip has jubelie clips on the air pipes must be the way it was done back in the 80`s.

Return to “Tech Talk”