High class welding

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

High class welding

Post #1 by Holger » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:33 pm

Some resources:
How-To

Julian

Re: High class welding

Post #2 by Julian » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:13 pm

I don't know if you read Swedish but the text for this picture states that "he's got a weak spot for welding without rotating the subject"...

http://www.maskinisten.net/images/post_ ... 7ae86e.jpg

Topic author
Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #3 by Holger » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:19 pm

Jag är ju svag för att köra runt rör, här utan rotation

means: I like welding round things, this one was welded without rotation (the item was not movable)
Some resources:
How-To

david000
Flag: Wales

Post #4 by david000 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 pm

i feel as if im geting out of touch after looking at that

allistairc123

Post #5 by allistairc123 » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:23 pm

theres welders and then there is welders!
id like to see these guys welding through rust paint mud and water on a job where impecable preperation is not feaseable due to cost, time and lack of tools ha ha.
any monkey can weld with positional wire!, lets see some bare wire positional action!! lol

no, seriously though, fantastic work in those pictures, but speaking from a challenge point of view, its hard to make a mess of welding (if you are a welder of course) in perfect conditions like that. i love the challenge of welding in really difficult situations where time , weather and other factors make it really hard.
i had a ball this week welding.... first job was welding ladders onto side of a steel pile in the middle of a fast flowing lough! there was only a 15 minute window to complete the welding before the tide submerged the job. the welding was performed over the side of a small wooden boat bobbing around with elbow in the water!!
then i got sent to quarry without proper information on job to be done. turns out there was welding to be done.. luckily found a mask, but that was th only tool. had to weld up cracks underneath a crusher feeder with not so much as a wire brush to clean off the mud rust and paint. bloody loved the challenge!. and mannaged to get a reasonable looking weld.
truth is, im one of these people that thinks he knows it all... im not even coded!. but i have been welding every day for 10 years in the most un imaginable situations. still learning every day and loving every bit of it!

Return to “Tech Talk”