Pel Job

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
3CMK1
Flag: Great Britain

Pel Job

Post #1 by 3CMK1 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:01 pm

Hello everyone,

Im working on a 1994 Pel Job EB 12.4

Anyone know a reliable source for parts for these machines. Engine parts are easy enough to find with it being a mitsi engine, however the bits and bobs im after are more of a task.

Looking for lever linkages, pins and bushes generally everything you'd expect to be buggered on this age of machine ha ha

Any help will be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Jason

david000
Flag: Wales

Re: Pel Job

Post #2 by david000 » Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:57 pm

if you have accsess to a lathe you can make your own to fit for controle linkiges as they dont need hardening. just done the king pins and bush set hardest part is finding some where that can harden and cylinder grind them if your doing ram pins / main likiges.
there is a compnay in south wales that will make pins to spec for you but from what i remeber there not cheap 8" by 7/8th pin if i rember corectly was £80-90 each.
i can find contact deteals if you want.

essexpete

Post #3 by essexpete » Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:29 pm

You could try your nearest Volvo agent. I don't think the basis of the small Pel Job changed much over the next 8 years or so. Styling changes mainly. The made a non servo sirrus quite late in the 90s.

JimInOz
Flag: Australia

Post #4 by JimInOz » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:36 am

Just wondered about the reliability & reputation of these machines.
Are they a good machine?

Thanks
Jim

essexpete

Post #5 by essexpete » Sun Feb 14, 2010 5:09 pm

JimInOz wrote:Just wondered about the reliability & reputation of these machines.
Are they a good machine?

Thanks
Jim

I had an exhire 1.25t model without servo, not as nice to drive as the Yanmar we have now which is a little heavier, servo and 2sp tracking, but it never missed a beat. I had to fit a idler and bottom roller when I bought it ou of a sale but nowt else and it did a fair bit of work for us.
In fact it was quite strong on its digging abilities, would not think the Yanmar is much better. Tracking speed could be a pain if you needed to shift very far.

Julian

Post #6 by Julian » Sun Feb 14, 2010 6:03 pm

david000 wrote:. just done the king pins and bush set hardest part is finding some where that can harden and cylinder grind them.

If the digger was only for occasional use then I'd think you could turn the pins from EN24T steel. It's tough but free machining so hardening could be dispensed with maybe?

Julian.

Return to “Tech Talk”