Fuel cans?

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

Topic author
hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Fuel cans?

Post #1 by hair bear » Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:40 am

After a couple of fuel starvation issues on the 550 I decided to drain the tank and blow all the lines out. Lots of crappola in the system so a job worth doing.
Anyhow... the one thing I didn't have to hand was a supply of derv to refill and bleed through. So off to Morrisons with a jerry can and was refused service - they would only allow 2 cans to 10l max. to be filled! They wouldn't even allow a 10l jerry type can, it's got to be plastic. Got the same at the local Esso. Jet on the other hand no problems.
5l petrol in a plastic can has been for a while but never had a problem before getting diesel.
Thoughts?
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

essexpete

Re: Fuel cans?

Post #2 by essexpete » Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:30 am

A PITA!

Topic author
hair bear
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Fuel cans?

Post #3 by hair bear » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:13 pm

What's just as annoying, I have neighbours who like to stir things at any opportunity. Since I've had it it's been run on derv as it's taxed historic, but I guess it was on red before so when the opportunity to make sure presented itself, as above, drained the tank, and blew all the lines out, new filter, cleaned the sediment bowl, refilled with white... and the filter bowl looks as red now as it ever did! Hopefully at least the chem trace will have gone.
If a LandRover doesn't leak oil, it's run out.

Return to “Tech Talk”