Ford industrial engine identity

Talk about technical issues here. Questions and answers!

mechman
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Ford industrial engine identity

Post #11 by mechman » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:15 pm

Hi stormin.
Ive got one off the same set up as yours except the welding generator was missing.The engine is now in a coles 6ton argus crane.Im looking for fuel & air filter set up same as yours
Norm :wave:

John Gaunt

Post #12 by John Gaunt » Mon Dec 21, 2015 6:36 pm

Hi, I've got an Agrekko 3 phase generator with a ford 2700 series 6cyl engine power unit. I understand there were two models of this engine, a 2703E (330 cubic inches) and 2704E (360cubic inches). I wondered if anyone knows how to tell them apart from the external appearance ?
As far as I can see, the serial number is S 88908 (stamped top right hand side of the block.
How would I set about finding out the date of manufacture ?.
The engine is in excellent condition and starts on the button, however, the govenor is set presumably for the correct speed for the alternator and immediately on starting goes up to full speed. As it is now for standby use, I would prefer to allow it to warm up before going to full speed, providing there is no load on the alternator I cannot see this would be a problem, any other views ?
Thanks, John

agrimax

Post #13 by agrimax » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:54 am

330 or 360 will be stamped into a flat on the block,behind the fuel filters. Just where the head meets the block,rhs.

Return to “Tech Talk”