looking to buy 3cx or similar and need some advice

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
alboy

looking to buy 3cx or similar and need some advice

Post #1 by alboy » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Hi to you all

I am looking to buy a backhoe excavator and have seen a couple of models that may suit they are a jcb3cx about 1988 and a 4d about the same year i think. I have quite a bit of heavy landscaping to do and one of these little beauties should do the job also validates me buying one as far as the wife's concerned lol. Always wanted to own one, what do they say about men and boys and their toys.

Well I have never operated one in my life, operated forklifts dumpers etc but never a JCB backhoe. I am sue I will be able to suss it out though, have already downloaded an owners manual ;)

But what I would like some help with is, can anyone tell me what to look out for when buying such a machine, I have already read that you should look for oil leaks on the hydraulics and check the backhoe skew as the king pins can be a problem. Any advice will be appreciated.

I am based in Ireland and have a big chunk of agricultural land to attack.

Thanks all

Alan

essexpete

Re: looking to buy 3cx or similar and need some advice

Post #2 by essexpete » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:51 pm

Use the machine and work to operating temperature before deciding, preferably try to take someone like a regular operator or mechanic with you if you are unsure. Buy the cleanest most well looked after machine you can afford/justify.

Topic author
alboy

Re: looking to buy 3cx or similar and need some advice

Post #3 by alboy » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:05 am

Thanks for your reply

The one I have in mind is a very clean looking JCB 3D. Not sure if this is better than a 3cx or not.

Alan

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”