JCB 3cx

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
smithhymac
Flag: Great Britain

JCB 3cx

Post #1 by smithhymac » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi all, Ive been offered the chance to buy a really late grey cab 3cx, five stud rear axle, low hours 4000ish from a local building firm who's owner is retiring. Ive Known the machine from new and it's genuine! 4wd, front quick hitch, common set of rear buckets, hose reel for hand held breaker and front fenders. It really has all the toys! I'm wondering what you all think I should be offering for this machine, I wasn't really in the market for one but think this would be one to save?
your thoughts would be appreciated.
regards Morgan

essexpete

Re: JCB 3cx

Post #2 by essexpete » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:38 pm

Start by asking him what he wants for it. Sounds like a nice machine and I guess that would be sought after.

grant

Post #3 by grant » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 pm

I would also say sound the guy out to see what price he has in mind probably in the region of 8 or 9 grand at a guess sounds like a good spec machine i'am on the lookout for one of these myself at the minute

grant

Post #4 by grant » Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:03 pm

Did you have any luck with this machine?

Topic author
smithhymac

Post #5 by smithhymac » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:25 pm

Well I've been and looked at it, it's got a few more hours on it than I thought (6500hrs) and the tyres are down on tread a bit (25%) but other than that I couldn't fault it, The front axle has nearly no play in any of the steering, it really is a nice machine. But the owner is after really strong money for it, I've bid him what I can afford and he's going to talk to a dealer and get back to me, He has abit of work lined up for it tidying his yard before he closes down so the balls in his court at the moment.
Will try to get some pictures of it and up load on here for you to look at.

grant

Post #6 by grant » Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:52 pm

Yes that would be good to see it sounds like a good spec machine you don't see many with all those extras I've been offered a 1988 grey cab on an e reg for £6500 which probably isn't too bad a price it's a 4wd with rear qh and a good selection of buckets the guy has a couple of jobs to do first but he said if I have any jobs I can borrow it ideally I would be after one like you've been offered but there doesn't seem to be much available up my way

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”