broken

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
d4c24a

broken

Post #1 by d4c24a » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:09 pm

i have been waiting some months for some warranty work to be done on my machine which included the front hub seal and some wiring on the indicators,i organised with the fitter to come on Thursday as i would be able to borrow one of our other machines for the day
the fitter arrived on Thursday morning and stripped the hub to find that the sun gear hub was loose and two cir clips were missing from the planet gears and the oil was like grinding paste :( he then left to try and get parts ,i did not hear from anyone that day so arraigned for the driver of the machine i borrowed to borrow another one from another gang :dizzy: it involved a fair drive for him but needs must,no one had contacted me re my hub so today i rang the fitter at 9 ish and he was on his way with the parts :thumbs_up: when he arrived he told me he could only fit the hub and would have to leave the rest until another time :evil: it was too late to stop the other driver tracking the machine from one job to another mine was fixed by 11
the fitter is a top bloke ,but the dealers need to up the backup as their fitters cant cope with the work load ,so i now have to arrange to borrow another machine at some point so mine can be parked up again :dizzy: as for the 580 super m :( :( :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Nick Drew

Re: broken

Post #2 by Nick Drew » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:38 pm

Oh Dear Graham, :o

That doesn't sound too good does it :o

Who are the Case main dealers up Hampshire way now ??

Nick ;)

Neversweat
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by Neversweat » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:46 pm

Nick

I'd put it down to driver abuse ;) ;) don't you think :D

Steve

( I'll say it now he's done my block paving :thumbs_up: )

Nick Drew

Post #4 by Nick Drew » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:55 pm

Hi Steve,

Yeh Fitters always blame the jockey anyway don't they !! :lol: :lol:

I am sure Graham treats her like it's his own for sure ;)

Nick :mrgreen:

martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:01 pm

Hello Graham
These days dealers don't like keeping parts on the shelf as they see it as dead money.They don't care about the customer.The exception seems to be Finning and JCB,they at least try to get parts asap.To make things worse firms cut back on fitting staff to the minimum so increasing down times,with the fitter running round from site to site trying to keep things going and getting stick from some operators to get it fixed.Nothing changes.
:dizzy:
Will you be at the ACMOC AGM?
Martyn

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #6 by d4c24a » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:24 pm

Neversweat wrote:Nick

I'd put it down to driver abuse ;) ;) don't you think :D

Steve

( I'll say it now he's done my block paving :thumbs_up: )

cheeky sod :lol: dont forget the tarmac has yet to be done :D
martyn where is the agm this year :?:
nick its bready who is the dealer ,i think they are growing faster than they can keep up with ,my boss has just ordered another 590 with pilots i think he has brought 4 now plus some minis an 8 tonner and some dumpers,if i evere get to meet him i with badger him for a cat on demo , i like the look of the new ones :thumbs_up:
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

IBH

Post #7 by IBH » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:37 am

Nick Drew wrote:Oh Dear Graham, :o

That doesn't sound too good does it :o

Who are the Case main dealers up Hampshire way now ??

Nick ;)

Bredy Construction Sales are the Case Construction dealers for Hampshire they one of several firms that took over the area previously handled by CRMS before problems with CNH's finance arm sent them under (same recently with Molson Holdings I believe).
http://www.bredy.co.uk

Case have had a lot of upheavel with their dealership network with both CRMS and Saville going out of business and having to appoint new dealers to take their place, they have gone towards having more smaller dealers than a few big ones- though many of these firms have had little experience of selling new construction equipment, most seem to be Case IH dealers and second hand equipment firms- Warwick Ward up in Yorkshire are now Case main agents.

martyn williams

Post #8 by martyn williams » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:31 pm

Hello Graham
Its at Rob Wilsons place on the 3rd May,Karl, Tony Coates and myself will be travelling up.Rob Rang the other week,looks like a good do.Hope you can make it.
Martyn

Note, anyone wishing to join the cat club (ACMOC) please let me know.Full membership is £40 with USA plus UK magazines.

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #9 by d4c24a » Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:09 pm

a bit of an update my machine went back to the dealer and i had their demo for 2 weeks
a 590 manual with pilots ,i did not mind the manual box as you have 4 reverse not 2 like on the powershift ,as for the pilots thanks but no thanks for me i did not really like the "feel" of them and found it difficult to get comfortable also a lot of messing about ,turn seat round one lever , slide seat back another lever , then pull pods back ,it could also do with the raised piece of the bottom of the cab doing away with so you can stretch out a bit
i am now waiting to hear from them about my front propshaft output as it has a lot of movement inside the dropbox they have been out twice to have a look ,the second time he was going to drop the yoke off but did not have a slim sided 60 mm socket
also when roading the transmission temp runs in the red , they have told me they all do it and none have gone bang yet :thumbs_up: :roll:
any other 590 powershift users have the same problem :?: this one has done it from new
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #10 by d4c24a » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:09 pm

if anyone has a slim sided 60mm socket can they lend it to breadys as i am still waiting :lol:

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”