Re: broken

Post #11 by martyn williams » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:57 pm

Hello Graham
TC may help to fix the Can't Afford Something Else backhoe loader :lol:

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #12 by d4c24a » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:40 pm

d4c24a wrote:if anyone has a slim sided 60mm socket can they lend it to breadys as i am still waiting :lol:

nearly 4 months now must be a world shortage ,i have given up
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by Martyn Henley » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:03 pm

Its the credit crunch Graham :dizzy: not enough tonka tools for tonka's :lol:

No seriously its not a very good advert for Case. for sure running on hot all the time on road travel is not good for the long term ..

Martyn

RichardJW~

Post #14 by RichardJW~ » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 am

d4c24a wrote:
d4c24a wrote:if anyone has a slim sided 60mm socket can they lend it to breadys as i am still waiting :lol:

nearly 4 months now must be a world shortage ,i have given up

You mean this machine has been down for 4 months waiting for service? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

martyn williams

Post #15 by martyn williams » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:19 pm

The word broken give me a laugh,the reason.
A few years ago I was on a job with a fitter who was of the old school.Our boss came up to look at the job, he asked my mate,Arthur."whats the problem with this engine" Arthur said its f****d,the boss said "you mean its broken" Arthur said,no its f****d,if it was broken I could fix it!! :lol:
Martyn

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #16 by d4c24a » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:31 pm

You mean this machine has been down for 4 months waiting for service? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:[/quote]

hi Richard no its still in use ,but the front propshart output is loose and its noisy when on the road and using four wheel braking , so i have been waiting 4 months for them to get a 60 mm socket to be able to take the yoke off
i now also have a problem with the top king post pin i have to grease it daily to stop it squealing i have managed to remove the pin halfway and it has some score marks on so it looks like i need to order a pin and bush and find time to do it :dizzy:
maybe i can convince them to get me a cat or jcb next , but with work going quiet i dont think that will be soon
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

tim

Post #17 by tim » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:01 pm

Hi Graham I saw a Terex/Fermec 860 in Ash Vale a few days ago where Docrwa are working and a Case like yours in the background, was the Terex on demo? :thumbs_up: Tim

Topic author
d4c24a

Post #18 by d4c24a » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:23 pm

hi Tim the terex is a subcontractor he has just brought it in the last 2 months or so ,and the other case is also a subbie ,more than likely terry freeman ,hes a good old boy and has been at this game for a good number of years ,he used to be with a,h ball and then moved on as different firms took over the contract
terry and another subbie robbie gibson (who has a 3cx) :thumbs_up: have just started a job at chalky lane dogmersfield the big hotel want it done quick as it involves a road closure so they have put two gangs in there :thumbs_up:
cheers graham

tctractors

Post #19 by tctractors » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:51 pm

Graham I would rather knock nails in my lower bits than fix a JCB W/D/L but Case have a half O,K, muck cart that I sometimes play about on, it is all fairly simple stuff, it a'nt a CAT but thank GOD it A'nt A Komatsu, I called in at Marubeni Komatsu for a fuel filter the other day for a 130 swinger, to be told "none in stock???" then a few days later had to sort some parts out for a small blade (D61P) only to be laughed at when handed the Bill, to add insult the storeman said what a Rip Off, not wanting to wave the CAT flag here but I ordered some parts for my 55 year old D7 and had them at my house the next day,it would seem only Volvo & CAT are upto speed on parts and service, best of luck with your Muck Cart by the way.

tctractors

nick lamb

Post #20 by nick lamb » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:39 am

You can't beat Finnings for service,it amazes me how they do it.I can ring my local depot before 4pm and generally they deliver the goods at 6 ish they next day even from abroad!
People say Cat are dear but when you can't even get a 60mm socket from Case of a filter from Komatsu it's a very bad job.
Cat will allways be king in my book.
P.s I do run other makes of kit (Ford,Hyster,Komatsu,Terex,Leyland Daf etc) but nothing compares to Cat.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”