JCB 3C11 Kingpost swap??

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
dubs

JCB 3C11 Kingpost swap??

Post #1 by dubs » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:54 pm

Is there any guides out there on how to remove my buggered kingpost and replace with new one?? I bought a kingpost and slew motor from a breakers , Guy on phone convinced me to take post and motor 8-) cheers

Stormin
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3C11 Kingpost swap??

Post #2 by Stormin » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:44 am

Have you downloaded the JCB manuals from this site? It gives a good description of how to do most of it on there. Basically it's a case of stretching out the rear arm and dropping it onto supports so you can remove the kingpin or fixings of kingpost to machine and drive the machine away from the arm.
Absolutely essential to make sure your supports are upto the job and will not let the arm tilt sideways or fall as it's a big heavy lump and if it doesn't hurt you it'll be very awkward to get back on.

jamescolwell747

Post #3 by jamescolwell747 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:36 pm

hi, you may experience a few problems removing the main [50mm] bolts but is nothing a bit of gas wont sort out. when you are putting the kingpost back in the easiest way to do it is to build a platform out of concrete blocks and use a trolley jack to lift it back up. when you put it back in be sure to put chemicle metal on the spline of the king post this will take out the slew slack. If the main kingpost bolts were like the ones on my digger you will need a inch drive socket set. Also this defiantly is a two man job due to the weight of it.

Julian

Post #4 by Julian » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:01 pm

Sounds to me like an ideal job for an 'A' frame and chain block :)

Julian.

Topic author
dubs

Post #5 by dubs » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:00 pm

Plan to use machine to lift itself with kingpost etc left sitting on solid platform , Just need to order some couplings for hoses 8-)

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”