3CX syncro shuttle gearbox oil

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
kerniki

Re: 3CX syncro shuttle gearbox oil

Post #11 by kerniki » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:51 pm

cheers chaps, oil ordered last week 7 should be here tomorrow.

have flushed the coolant system, fitted all new hoses & oil cooler (but by passed oil side until fluid changed in gearbox)

seems the oil temp sender has not been wired in, probably because this contamination is older than I think & previous owner cut wire to stop overheating warning :dizzy:

thing is, I want to reconnect the oil temp. sender so I have all the right warnings, but because it was cut along with the horn wires :doh: I cant make out which wire is for the sender??

there is 3 wires: white with red stripe / black (earth I imagine) / green (which I think is for the horn)

I'm thinking white with red stripe, the manual numbers the wire but does not give colour chart, or am I missing something??

same goes for engine oil temp sender actually, so if anyone knows the colour of this one as well :D

Mark.Rive

Post #12 by Mark.Rive » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:40 pm

Here goes.
Trans temp = White with Brown tracer
Horn Front = Purple with blue tracer
Horn Rear = Green
Engine Temp sensor = Green with blue tracer

:thumbup: Mark

If you're looking at the circuit diagram I think you are, look for the little tube/fuse looking bubbles on the diagram, they have letters in them that correspond to the colour code such as WN = White/Brown. older diagrams just have the letters alongside the circuit wire lines. Hope that makes sense. Cheers Mark

Topic author
kerniki

Post #13 by kerniki » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:15 pm

thanks Mark, I'll blow the pic up a little, my eyes aren't what they were ;) :D

Mark.Rive

Post #14 by Mark.Rive » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:16 pm

kerniki wrote:thanks Mark, I'll blow the pic up a little, my eyes aren't what they were ;) :D

He He, yeah i find between 200 and 300% works a treat :thumbup:

Topic author
kerniki

Post #15 by kerniki » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:39 am

damn I'm at 500% :hehe: funny, as my first descrition was of white with red stripe, according to you its whate with brown stripe :hehe: oh well :D

There is definitely no wire colours indicated in my manual though :? i have two or three manuals downloaded and none seem to indicate colours, maybe I'm looking in the wrong section??

On the oil front, my order never got delivered :wtf: so drove a loooooong way to get some at a Mobil oil dealer, seems appropriate

http://www.mobil.com/Canada-English-LCW/heavydutyengineoils_products_mobiltrans-hd-10w.aspx

fingers crossed.

Julian

Post #16 by Julian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 am

kerniki wrote:On the oil front, my order never got delivered :wtf: so drove a loooooong way to get some at a Mobil oil dealer, seems appropriate

http://www.mobil.com/Canada-English-LCW/heavydutyengineoils_products_mobiltrans-hd-10w.aspx

fingers crossed.

That's regular 'multi-vehicle' ATF you got there, ie red oil!

Though the viscosity is only good, according to the spec sheet for transmissions, for -20C to +10C. Maybe you should have gone for the 30 weight oil?

Julian.

Tim_Arnold
Flag: Great Britain

3CX syncro shuttle gearbox oil

Post #17 by Tim_Arnold » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:22 am

Can't see why ATF won't work, land rover specify it as the correct oil for MT75 and R380 manual gearboxes. If you use EP90 instead it foams and gets blown out the breather (found out after a so called expert used it after rebuilding the 2nd gear synchro ) have now switched to a synthetic alternative as it gives better changes from cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Tim Arnold
http://www.parklandsholidays.co.uk
JCB 3D3, Benford 1ton Dumper, Benford Pedestrian Roller.

Mark.Rive

Post #18 by Mark.Rive » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 am

kerniki wrote:damn I'm at 500% :hehe: funny, as my first descrition was of white with red stripe, according to you its whate with brown stripe :hehe: oh well :D

There is definitely no wire colours indicated in my manual though :? i have two or three manuals downloaded and none seem to indicate colours, maybe I'm looking in the wrong section??

On the oil front, my order never got delivered :wtf: so drove a loooooong way to get some at a Mobil oil dealer, seems appropriate

fingers crossed.

Have you got a serial number for your machine? I'll send you the schematic with the correct colours etc on it :thumbup:
Mark

Julian

Post #19 by Julian » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:26 am

Tim_Arnold wrote:Can't see why ATF won't work,

Indeed, that's what I was hinting at. From that link if you take the manufacturer's specs that it meets or exceeds and then cross refer those specs to some ATF oil spec pages you can see the same specs coming up. (CAT, Allison etc) I buy the stuff (for a Chrysler Torqueflite 727 tranny) in 25 litre containers for about £1.50/litre.

Julian.

Topic author
kerniki

Post #20 by kerniki » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 pm

your right guys, i picked up the wrong one :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh: :doh:

should have got this http://www.mobil.com/Bangladesh-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil_ATF_220.aspx

which corresponds with the JCB suggested alternative 'Ford - esn-m2c 33g'

PLEASE! no posts telling me not to get it as I'm on my way back there to change it :D

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”