JCB 2D Backhoe removal

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
georgewbell

JCB 2D Backhoe removal

Post #1 by georgewbell » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi There,

this is my first message, I did not know this forum existed, but I have an old 1976 JCB 2d Backhoe. I have done lots of jobs with it and on it but lately the back acter has been getting looser and looser and I have been a bit worried that it will fall off.

I spent the last two weeks getting it off and I still have one side of the actuator bar stuck in the bulkhead bearing, I had to cut the actuator bottoms off to get the pins to release enought to get the back acter off and it has taken a lot of effort. What I found was that someone had been there before and had made sleeves for both sides to cut down the play but these had come unwelded rusted and had fallen down. One pin had also broken in half. Now I am thinking how to repair it and I am thinking of fabricating two new pins of a larger diameter, rather than try and make sleeves again. I can - once I have got the shaft free make some more actuators with approximately the same dimensions so as to be able to release the pins when needed and I am also thinking of adding some heavy duty brackets welded to the frame of the tractor and to the back acter, bolted together so as to reinforce the whole lot. It should cut down wear and tear on the pins and it will still be fairly easy to get off and on.

What does anyone think of this? I can post pictures of what I have done and what it is like now, but not tonight as I am going out. Any comments, suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks a lot George.

Mark.Rive

Re: JCB 2D Backhoe removal

Post #2 by Mark.Rive » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:17 pm

Hello George, welcome on board. As the saying goes, "one piccy is worth a thousand words" :thumbup: So we will all look forward to some being posted. I'm not to sure what you mean by actuators, do you mean the hydra-clamps? I spent over a week on and off getting mine to free off, finally had to cut one away though :thumbdown: I'm sure the pictures will help my dull brain. Cheers Mark

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”