Found a 3c

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
grant
Flag: Great Britain

Found a 3c

Post #1 by grant » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi there I found a 3c for sale at an auction near me looks in good condition i quite fancy buying it I was just wondering what you guys thought and also how much you think it would sell for http://www6.amstock.co.uk/morrisleslie/StockDetailPlant.aspx?lot=374&regno=PL-4123&sale=1028

Mark.Rive

Re: Found a 3c

Post #2 by Mark.Rive » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:09 pm

Hi Grant, Certainly looks tidy in the photo's. I should imagine it will sell for its scrap value at the very least, So I hope you can save it :thumbup: Mark

Topic author
grant

Post #3 by grant » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:07 pm

I'am very tempted by it shame it didn't have a 4in1 bucket it would come in very handy around the stables did you see the hours on it I wonder if the reading is correct

TullyveeryClassicJCB

Post #4 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:13 pm

That reading will definately be wrong. Thats a real tidy machine. It'll be in the £1000 - £1300 range.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Topic author
grant

Post #5 by grant » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:23 pm

Yeah I didn't think it would be accurate I think it's been at a couple of there auctions so it might not make too much they also had a 2d or a 2b a while back and I see they must of scrapped it as its wheels are now for sale might be worth trying a cheeky low bid for it think there is vat to add aswell though

essexpete

Post #6 by essexpete » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:30 am

TullyveeryClassicJCB wrote:That reading will definately be wrong. Thats a real tidy machine. It'll be in the £1000 - £1300 range.

I'll stick my neck out and say it could make a bit more than that if in running order. It does look straight.

Mark.Rive

Post #7 by Mark.Rive » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:28 pm

TullyveeryClassicJCB wrote:That reading will definately be wrong. Thats a real tidy machine. It'll be in the £1000 - £1300 range.

OoH didnt spot that, more like 4k hours :thumbup: She'd make more down south for sure. Its a go with the cheeky bid though :thumbup: Mark

Topic author
grant

Post #8 by grant » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:47 pm

Am I right in thinking it would be around 36 years old?if I could get it cheap enough I could stick it on eBay and perhaps make a little off it if I do decide to bud on it I think you can go the day before to look over it so I would probably get a mechanic to have a look over it to make sure it's not a complete bag of bolts

Stormin

Post #9 by Stormin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:30 pm

grant wrote:Am I right in thinking it would be around 36 years old?if I could get it cheap enough I could stick it on eBay and perhaps make a little off it if I do decide to bud on it I think you can go the day before to look over it so I would probably get a mechanic to have a look over it to make sure it's not a complete bag of bolts

Good luck with trying to sell it on for profit!
Have you looked at the prices machines are making on ebay, generally not much above scrap. I think you'd have to steal it from the auction to have any chance of drawing a worthwhile profit on it, especially if you are paying a mechanic to look it over, paying for transport etc.

The people that make money on these items are already set-up in those two repsects that it doesn't cost them too much in the first place, secondly they usually offer some form of traders garauntee with a used machine so can command a premium price when selling.

Not saying it can't be done just not easy. If you are looking for a machine for your own use though it's probably a reasonable source as you avoid paying some mark-up.

TullyveeryClassicJCB

Post #10 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:48 pm

Because of the tidiness of that digger to the right person that digger would be worth £2400. I had six phone calls on Monday of a person desperate for a 3C that was presentable. The problem is there is not as many of those "right people" as what there were. There is definately a market for diggers in that condition. Everybody judges books by their covers. If you do buy it to sell on don't expect a quick "turn." There's going to be a lot of people who'll regret scrapping their 3C or not buying a cheap 3C when they had a chance.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”