MF50B

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Bryan1

MF50B

Post #1 by Bryan1 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:24 am

G'day Guy's,
Awhile ago I picked up my MF50B backhoe for 6K which I thought was pretty cheap considering the condition it is in. The main problem which is common on the MF backhoe's is the drive pin for the slew motor breaks away and that's what happened to this one. The motor is in top condition and every hose is new or near new and I fixed the small leaks as soon as I got the ol' girl. The wiring was in a bit of a mess as someone had connected the battery around the wrong way and several wires were burnt out. As I had fully rewired my Fiat 450 tractor I decided to rewire this one too.

URL of the original image: http://www.anotherpower.com/albums/album92/backhoe_left_side.jpg

The frontend loader works a treat and it has a hydrostatic transmission which did take a bit of learning to use, especially going down a hill where I found if I took my foot off the pedal the thing would disengage and take off. Anyway I'm going to take the slew motor which entails removing the backhoe from the machine and I'll grind out and re-weld the top pin back in properly and replace the lower bearing which would be worn and that would be main cause of the top pin breaking. Below is a pic of the bodgy job someone had done before.

URL of the original image: http://www.anotherpower.com/albums/album92/broken_weld_1.jpg

Oneday I'll get around to giving the ol' gal a full new paint job and I'm going to convert a 3 point linkage ripper into a finger for the backhoe so I can dig out hug bluestone rocks I have out the back of my farm.

Regards Bryan

martyn williams

Re: MF50B

Post #2 by martyn williams » Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:13 am

The back hoes are easy to detatch off the 50 b's a couple of pipes and two claws to slacken off.That would make it easy to sort out the back hoe problem.Just make sure that its well supported after removal off the machine.
Please keep us updated :thumbup:
Martyn

jcb4cx
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by jcb4cx » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:29 pm

make sure the bottom cup is in good condition too ,i had a number of bearings fail until they worked out the cup had some wear
cheers graham
every village has one , is yours missing you

Mark.Rive

Post #4 by Mark.Rive » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:42 pm

Hi Bryan, Welcome on board. Good looking MF, and great pic's. Please keep us uo to date :thumbup: Mark

Topic author
Bryan1

Post #5 by Bryan1 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:13 am

G'day Guy's,
Well with summer coming on today I whipper snipped around my shed and as the MF50B was in the way I jump started it with my fiat tractor and she kicked pretty well first kick. Raised up the backhoe and tie it off then decided to have a play. I had a 5 ton load of roadbase in front of the new shed I'm building and soon I'll working on a couple of vehicles either replacing or overhauling the motors. As the road base was in the road I decided to move it and pile it ontop of the other 5 ton I have down by my watertank. With what was left over I planed it down so when my brotherinlaw comes with his Dodge and car trailer to drop off that freebie it will make it a heap easier for him. Well until the shed is finished the fiat has a new home out of the weather. To my surprise the battery that only sitting on 6 volts kicked over the ol' gal no worries after a good run so where I thought the battery was stuffed hopefully that good run gave it a good charge and it will stay that way. This week I need to get some more diesel as I have offered my back dam to the CFS if there is a local bushfire so I will need to work on building a road to the dam a little better than I did last year.

All good fun.....

Cheers Bryan

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”