Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
holzrainer
Flag: Germany

JCB 3C II

Post #1 by holzrainer » Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:35 pm

Hello,

I am the new One from germany.
Since several years I am the owner of a JCB 3 C II, (machine No 112820/3 ; tractor No 384B 209559 ; engine No 36269 ).
I use it for my private purposes around my home. It's a fine machine and I'm glad for having it.
The hydraulics are in good condition and have no leaks, but there are some other things.The brakes are really bad so that I have to fix them both, footbrakes and handbrake.The cabin is rotten, the windshield is missing and some of the bearing bushes are worn out.I got the machine from a farmer near the rhine and found those conditions.
The first thing I fixed were the sealing rings at the cylinders, they leaked cooling water in the motoroil.

For fixing I have some questions, maybe someone can help.

Is it necessary the remove the rear axle for repairung the disk brakes?

Please pardon my english,it' , like my cabin, rusty.

Greetings from germany

Rainer

essexpete

Re: JCB 3C II

Post #2 by essexpete » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:11 am

The unit is from a Leyland tractor, the brakes will be a dry disc type which were often poor. I have never serviced them but you will not need to take the axle apart. The brakes will be found ahead of the main axle trumpets.

davidbrown80
Flag: Great Britain

Post #3 by davidbrown80 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:39 am

hi
i have just serviced my brakes and all the parts are easy to access by removing the cab floor plates.

Mark.Rive

Post #4 by Mark.Rive » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:48 pm

If its a proper German spec machine I'm pretty sure it will have wheel brakes, not transmission brakes. I need to check your serial number when I get home. Cheers Mark
Last edited by Mark.Rive on Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mark.Rive

Post #5 by Mark.Rive » Thu Aug 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Okay, checked and not sure so here's both. Hope the pictures help :thumbup: Cheers Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TEZB

Post #6 by TEZB » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:57 pm

hi Rainer,
any information you require on the skid unit of your JCB which is a Leyland unit please try Peatland Export Part's, this will lead you to the Leyland, Nuffield forum and is a very good source of help. I repaired the brakes on my 3c11 this year and is well worth the effort, hope this help's, by the way your English is excellant.

Topic author
holzrainer
Flag: Germany

Post #7 by holzrainer » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:20 am

Hello,

many thanks for your replys.
@ Mark : My machine has both, transmisson brakes for driving and wheelbrakes as handbrake.

It has a 4-speed gearbox and has a lever at he steering wheel to change direction ( forward - backward ), the function of reversing is boring, the changing lasts very long time, can that be repaired?

regards

Rainer

Mark.Rive

Post #8 by Mark.Rive » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:26 am

holzrainer wrote:Hello,

many thanks for your replys.
@ Mark : My machine has both, transmisson brakes for driving and wheelbrakes as handbrake.

It has a 4-speed gearbox and has a lever at he steering wheel to change direction ( forward - backward ), the function of reversing is boring, the changing lasts very long time, can that be repaired?

regards

Rainer

Well you learn something everyday dont you, thanks for the info on your brakes. I did wonder if the wheel brakes were handbrake only. Should have looked a bit deeper in my information here! As for your shuttle gearbox places to start looking are the filters and strainers. There are members here that know far more about these gearboxes than me. i'm sure there is also a thread about it somewhere. I will have a look and post a link. Cheers and thanks Mark

time travel

Post #9 by time travel » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:25 am

Hi Rainer

Welcome to a good place to find info. That Mark person is always very helpful.

I too have to replace/fix my brakes on a similar machine but mine is manual only.

Love to see some photos of your machine.

Thanks
John

richardq

Post #10 by richardq » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:18 am

My brakes on my 3c11 are also terrible and the above post gives me alot of confidence to have a go myself. Thanks for the diagrams.
Richard

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”