my front loader IH type 24.1

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
biker311_southwales

my front loader IH type 24.1

Post #1 by biker311_southwales » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:18 pm

This is one for those who have a good memory, I have a front loader with an ID plate showing AB International Harvester, Norrkoping sweden, type 24.1 . now this is a quickie loader (quick to dismount) but what I need is the drawings or pictures of the stand for the front loader so I can make one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

essexpete

Re: my front loader IH type 24.1

Post #2 by essexpete » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:51 am

If no one can help here then try this site as well someone will almost certainly know: http://farmingforum.co.uk/forums/index.php

Sprocket dog

Re: my front loader IH type 24.1

Post #3 by Sprocket dog » Fri May 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi there,
I don't know if you've had any luck elsewhere with this, but I also have a 24.1 loader on my IH 434 and had been searching some time for details of the stand just as you have. However, I recently spoke to an International expert and he tells me that the stand comprised of two seperate legs or posts that fitted over the lugs you'll find on the underside of the loader frame, just ahead of the front axles. Presumeably these posts also had some form of plate on their underside to prevent them sinking into soft ground, but the really clever bit was they also each had a lever which operated a form of cam which lifted the loader frame just off the locating rails bolted to the tractor. This took the weight off the rails and thus allowed you to reverse the tractor off the loader, leaving it self supporting on the two legs and the front bucket. I guess the chances of replicating this mechanism are slim, but when time permits, I was going to try to get hold of some of those levelling adjusters you sometimes see on the base of scaffold towers (with the oversized wing-nuts) and fit them into the ends of a pair of scaffold tubes the correct length and see if they'll do the same job.. If you think this is workable and you have a go at it, then please let me know the results! If you're still unclear on how to go about it though, let me know and we'll put our heads together on it.
Good luck!

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”