Help Brakes dodgey

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
jcb shed

Help Brakes dodgey

Post #1 by jcb shed » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:03 am

Hello Every body :wave: I am new here and would like to first tell you what a fantastic site you have here. Any way back to the subject I have just bought a 1969 3c11 jcb needing some tlc. The main problem I have at the moment is that the brakes don't work I have managed to free the linkages up and got them moving. I then striped out the inborad brake discs only to find that they are worn. Can any of you people tell me where I can find these items for sale to replace mine thanks in advance.

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Re: Help Brakes dodgey

Post #2 by Holger » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:13 am

Welcome to CMN John!
Some resources:
How-To

BulldozerD11

Post #3 by BulldozerD11 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:14 pm

Welcome to CMN John.

The 3C series was based on a tractor skid unit from Ford initially then on a Nuffield till they brought out the 3CX with a component based design, so you can get the brake parts from one of the many firms supplying parts to rebuild these popular tractors, or from a tractor breakers yard (if lucky to find decent used parts). (Sorry I cannot remember which year they changed over).

One of the JCB experts on here should be able to let you know which actual model was fitted to the 3CII when they come on line later.
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:12 pm

The Mk11 will be on a Nuffield/Leyland skid. I do not know anything about thembut you could enquire here: http://www.charnleys.com/index.php?page=showparts&categoryid=3&partspage=0

The dry brakes where never that well thought of and could be, even if working, all or nothing. Something to do with balls and ramps.

martyn williams

Post #5 by martyn williams » Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:26 pm

I use a local firm that can match new linings to any type of machine.The relined my Cat 933 brakes.JCB brakes on the old 3C's were never that good any way :lol: You will have one good way of stopping,put the front bucket down :lol: The stabeliser legs could be the handbrake.
Martyn

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #6 by topkit » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:16 pm

I think the brake changeover was in 1978 possible for the MKIII, I changed my brakes and it stops quite well now, if i remeber correctly it is the splines in the middle of the disc that are different one type have pointed around their edges and the other have the splines sort of squared off rather than to a point.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”