Massey Ferguson 50B Digger - Mail Order Parts?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Tony Smith

Massey Ferguson 50B Digger - Mail Order Parts?

Post #1 by Tony Smith » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Hi,

Are there any decent mail order suppliers who would deal with service items for a Massey Ferguson 50B digger? Things like filters and so on, maybe pipes and cables etc. Our local MF place is not that interested in older machines, and not that local either. Even the old dealer who was quite helpful usually didn't have what we needed in stock so that meant a second visit to collect in any case.

Thanks, Tony S

martyn williams

Re: Massey Ferguson 50B Digger - Mail Order Parts?

Post #2 by martyn williams » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:17 pm

Kelland plant sales are the firm to contact.
I have done a fair bit on the 50B in my days on plant.Good machines
Martyn

http://www.kellands.com

Topic author
Tony Smith

Post #3 by Tony Smith » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:07 pm

Thanks. I've seen a few references to Kellands, but at the moment I'm unable to view their web site. With Firefox I get a blank page, with IE it briefly displays then goes blank and triggers a raft of anti-virus warnings. Hopefully they'll fix it soon.

By the way, glad to hear there's some 50B knowledge here as there are probably loads of other questions I'll want to ask. Just now I'm changing a hose on the back actor and I want to change the hydraulic filter once that's done (hence my question).

Tony S

martyn williams

Post #4 by martyn williams » Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:48 pm

The firm I worked for had 4 50B's,three manual and the fourth had pedal forward reverse power shift.I found them a sturdy and powerfull machine.Very reliable.We had hammers on the back actor,no problems at all.Other machines would be shaken to bits while the 50B's kept going.
Martyn

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Post #5 by topkit » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Try P.V Dobson in cumbria they advertise a fair few parts for MF machines at one point they even had slew actuators.

Topic author
Tony Smith

Post #6 by Tony Smith » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:18 pm

Thanks. I've also found a few other places, but they want me to give the Massey Ferguson part number. I can do that in a cack-handed way by looking up on the Vapormatic web site (very good cross ref by make/model) they checking what MF part they claim to be equivalent to. Frustrating that I can't just order the Vapormatic part but nobody does them mail order.

Another source of pattern parts is "Sparex" .. which is available from some mail order outfits. Anyone used their parts?

Thanks, Tony S

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”