Whitlock hydraulic pump

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

sandy59
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Whitlock hydraulic pump

Post #11 by sandy59 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:00 pm

old leaky Whitlock wrote:Craig , heres a photo , whoever painted it blue did a very thorough job , they even painted the inside surface of the gauze filter in the hydraulic oil reservoir ( goes at least three inches down the tube ) ,even I know that was not very clever of them .

Nick , yes its cavitating , there is no filter on the outlet from the reservoir tank to the pump inlet so I am planning to replace the main filter thats the first thing the pump feeds to on the high pressure side , dont know if this will help as the cavitation is definitely happening on the inlet to the pump .

I know I'm a bit late with a reply here - only joined last week - but I think you'll find there's a strainer inside this reservoir, if we're talking about the same small one beside the pump. We had the same issue and narrowed it down to this reservoir, but which unfortunately seemed to be sealed with no way of opening it up.
Basically we had to cut open the end of the housing and found a choked up strainer inside, cleaned it all out and re-welded the end back on the housing, and bingo everything now worked fast and smooth.

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Whitlock hydraulic pump

Post #12 by XS650 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:33 am

Well as its over 9 year ago lets hope he sorted it :D

May be good info for other Whitlock digger owners though :thumbup:

Craig
Not all those who wander are lost.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”