JCB 3CX White cab - Hydraulic oil capacity?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
darklegend
Flag: Great Britain

JCB 3CX White cab - Hydraulic oil capacity?

Post #1 by darklegend » Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:16 pm

Surely a simple question but I can't find an answer after 20 minutes googling!!

What is the hydraulic tank capacity of an early 3CX? I'm wanting to change the filter and as the machine is new to me and seems to have been sparsely maintained, it's probably prudent to change the oil too, so I could do with knowing how much I will need. I think my research tells me I need ISO 32, but perhaps it's ISO 46?

Anyone know the answer?

essexpete

Re: JCB 3CX White cab - Hydraulic oil capacity?

Post #2 by essexpete » Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:20 pm

With luck some one will be able to help, have you looked on the downloads available here? Probably between 120 and 140 litres and 32 grade.

Topic author
darklegend
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB 3CX White cab - Hydraulic oil capacity?

Post #3 by darklegend » Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:11 pm

I have now. The manual seems to cover black cabs onwards but assuming the tank capacity is the same or similar (they look pretty much identical) it's 118 litres.

Looks like about £150 in materials to flush the system then. Still a lot chepaer than a new pump i guess.

Worst bit about buying second hand machinery / vehicles is doing all the fluids, timing belts etc. etc. 'just in case' but judging by the total lack of any grease evident on the machine and the fact that none of the electrics work etc. it's fair to say it hasn't been kept in cotton wool so best to be safe...

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”