Bought my first JCB today

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Bought my first JCB today

Post #11 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:53 pm

John what are the diggers you have in your collection if you dont mind me asking?
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

jcbjohn

Post #12 by jcbjohn » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi, mk1 (1954), loadall 65 (1959), 3C mk lll (1978), ford 13/6 (1968), ford 550 (1978), ford 550 (1984). I am told by tim Starkey smith the mk1 is the 4th oldest on record. It stood for 25 years in the peak district from where I bought it.
The 13/6 &. 3C are machines my father used to drive for a local companyand I have the plant records for them both which include dates and price when bought new to part exchange price and buyer. I also have traced the history of them both since they were sold on from the company. The 65 spent a long time around skipton and surrounding Yorkshire sales but that all I know about it really. The younger 550 was bought new by BROWNS of CARLISLE then spent time on farms in west Northumberland but we just use it around our place in it's work clothes. :thumbup:

TullyveeryClassicJCB
Flag: Great Britain

Post #13 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:06 am

jcbjohn wrote:The younger 550 was bought new by BROWNS of CARLISLE then spent time on farms in west Northumberland but we just use it around our place in it's work clothes. :thumbup:

So are the rest all painted up?

Thats a cracker collection. To own a Mk 1 is the ultimate. I won the auction for a real cracker Loadall Hydra Digger with a good cab. Paid the guy the money, only for him to give me it back, stating that he changed his mind. Ive got first option on it though.

Have you any pictures? Would love to see one of the 13/6. Ive never seen one of those.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

jcbjohn

Post #14 by jcbjohn » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:42 am

William, the older 550 all painted and well on, the 13/6 has been put on hold since the arrival of twin girls but in the mean time I have sourced the majority of parts new and old for the restoration so when I hit it it won't take long as everything is on hand. Forgot to say I have the orginal old green logbook for her. As for photos, soon as I get round to it and work out how I will post them on . John

McSpud
Flag: Ireland

Post #15 by McSpud » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:27 am

Hi Guys! I'm new on here and I've been reading this forum quite a while now. Got my first JCB last week, and had it delivered today :)
it's a 1988 3CX. Just needs some tidying up, lights etc.

I've a silly question though.... Whats the little yellow button for on the front loader lever?
I haven't even driven this yet, so thats why I'm curious!
Thanks!!!

Topic author
bobby-gg

Post #16 by bobby-gg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:42 am

jcbjohn wrote:Hi rob, is that kenny forresters yard ? If it is you did well, he had a couple of jcbs about 15 years ago but would not sell them. I'm 10 mins away from you, if fancy you can call over and have a look at my collection of JCB's. Also I have a few things that will help you along the way when you start your project ! Cheers john

John, it was in Colin's yard next door. I've known the guys over there for years - my family was in the same business as them, and it turns out that the jcb came from a breakers in Linton.

I'll certainly take you up on you up offer to view your collection, and if you are ever over my way you are more than welcome to pop in an have a look at mine.

Rob.

Topic author
bobby-gg

Post #17 by bobby-gg » Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:16 pm

John, I've just worked out who you are.

you've a pm coming

jcbjohn

Post #18 by jcbjohn » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:10 pm

Hi rob, sorry for the delay, shot past your dads place today and caught a glimpse of your JCB and it looks in great nick ! As for coming up to my place just let me know when your available and we can arrange something. Talk about small world, you must be no more than 800 yrds from our place :wave: cheers john

d4c24a

Post #19 by d4c24a » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:55 pm

McSpud wrote:Hi Guys! I'm new on here and I've been reading this forum quite a while now. Got my first JCB last week, and had it delivered today :)
it's a 1988 3CX. Just needs some tidying up, lights etc.

I've a silly question though.... Whats the little yellow button for on the front loader lever?
I haven't even driven this yet, so thats why I'm curious!
Thanks!!!

declutch button
have you any pictures
cheers graham
knowing less and less about more and more until pretty soon i will know almost nothing about practically everything

McSpud
Flag: Ireland

Post #20 by McSpud » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:41 pm

Hi Graham, I'm waiting for the weather to clear up so I can bring it out to take some pics, you see, there is some roof damage from a time when the bottom pin of the back actor broke and the actor came back and hit the roof. So it's not keeping out the water as yet.
Luckily the actual structure of the cab isn't damaged, just the tin work, so I'll be able to beat it out I think.
I'll definately post some pics for sure.
S

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”