OLD JCB 4C ON YOU TUBE

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
topkit
Flag: Great Britain

OLD JCB 4C ON YOU TUBE

Post #1 by topkit » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:35 am

While i was doing a bit of surfing on Youtube i poped in the words old jcb i think if you were to put in 50 year old jcb it would be the first up, but it is a very nice JCB 4c (Missing tin work on its boom) but still with its cab and looking in nice condition, it is being used for digging a trench is sounds nice too. Have a look and enjoy, brings back my child hood sob sob ! :lol:

Martyn Henley

Re: OLD JCB 4C ON YOU TUBE

Post #2 by Martyn Henley » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:01 am

Good find David, :thumbs_up: .. it is in good nick, but dear oh dear the chap does not have a clue really how to treat the old girl ... and that engine, are they fueling it with liquid dung :dizzy: but they dont show the poor sod who will have to bottom the trench out :dizzy: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQB-8Op6Ono

Martyn

IANOZ

Post #3 by IANOZ » Sun Jun 21, 2009 3:14 am

Why is it some operators :dizzy: think to dig a trench you have to dig it to full depth in the one bite.Certainly making the old girl work an awfull lot harder than it should have to. I have not operated any thing earlyer at 70's model case 580b so i dont know if you can get a smooth digging action with that older gear.But having spent a little time down in the trenchs myselfi would not look forward to trying to lay pipe with that guy digging the trench.ian.

Topic author
topkit

Post #4 by topkit » Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:55 pm

I spent a bit of time searching You tube, just put in JCB3C MF 40 FORD DIGGER etc its amazing what people post on there. I guess the guy trying to operate that old 4c Is an ameteur doing a self build, sill it is nice seening the old girl working, have you guys seen the JCB at work dvd by Tim Starkey smith, its not a bad dvd to have some nice old machineson there too.

XS650

Post #5 by XS650 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:26 pm

David ,don't keep 'em to yourself if you spot anything old and interesting :D
I managed to find some old clips of construction sites in the 60's with lots of kit working,which i posted on this site -somewhere!
Not all those who wander are lost.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”