JCB Archive pics

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

BulldozerD11

Re: JCB Archive pics

Post #41 by BulldozerD11 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:09 am

Martyn Henley wrote:That Hydra digger looks good Dave .... I know Tim Starkey-Smith restored one, but thats not it is it Dave ? I seem to recall that J.C.Balls bought his
Late fifties ,Hampshire builders new JCB Hydra - Digga Loadall in blue for a change.

Hey Craig, i had a Blue JCB once, it was a JCB 3D, but it did not have red wheels or buckets

Martyn

Sorry Martyn no details on owner - Catalogue was too much money on top of show entry fee. So many of them are poor with little info or show entries have no number on so cannot match up with guide :arrrrgh:

But it looks an excelent job just wish more owners would put a bit of info up with their machines, so can credit them. Shame could not see in cab fore s/n plate

Canot be many other restored ones about, but a few more will hopefully appear. Wounder if Mike Eacocks got a new project machine for Malvern this year as he won two prizes last year.

Dave

Bonus photo from the other side

URL of the original image: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/tractors/images/5/5b/JCB_Hydra-digga_at_pickering_09_-_IMG_3056.jpg
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #42 by Martyn Henley » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:21 am

Wounder if Mike Eacocks got a new project machine for Malvern this year as he won two prizes last year

Indeed he has done some outstanding work, i do know that he obtained a JCD 4Dmk2 from near him awhile back, be nice to see one of them machines in the flesh ....

Dave what is the crawler with a davis backhoe in the far left corner of that last picture ?

Martyn

BulldozerD11

Post #43 by BulldozerD11 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:38 am

Martyn Henley wrote:
Wounder if Mike Eacocks got a new project machine for Malvern this year as he won two prizes last year

Indeed he has done some outstanding work, i do know that he obtained a JCD 4Dmk2 from near him awhile back, be nice to see one of them machines in the flesh ....

Dave what is the crawler with a davis backhoe in the far left corner of that last picture ?

Martyn

Here you are Martyn, sorry no idea on back hoe another class job by a lad from Cumbria (this one had some details with it) :)

Bristol Taurus MkII with 4 in 1 was an Ebay special apparently (loads of work). ;)

URL of the original image: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/tractors/images/a/a7/Bristol_Taurus_Mk_II_s%2Fn_21038_of_1967_at_Pickering_09_-_IMG_3048.jpg

Dave

may have posted it in a Bristol Taurus thread before
Interested in Tractors, Plant, Heavy Haulage or Steam visit http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Tractor_%26_Construction_Plant_Wiki
Help document every manufacturer model build, and record every machine in preservation, clubs and events etc.

pk1200

Post #44 by pk1200 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:57 pm

fantastic restoration job on the Briston crawler.Thanks for posting.

Gold Digger

Post #45 by Gold Digger » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:56 pm

newjcb123uk wrote:While we're talking history -I still have a few of Martyns models for sale - grab the last few JCB 3 and 3Cmk1 s before it's too late. The price of these beauties will rocket in years to come. :D www.cjmplantmodels.com

:arrow: is there not a real one of these on ebay for 99p at the momment ?

newjcb123uk

Post #46 by newjcb123uk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:42 am

Gold Digger wrote:
newjcb123uk wrote:While we're talking history -I still have a few of Martyns models for sale - grab the last few JCB 3 and 3Cmk1 s before it's too late. The price of these beauties will rocket in years to come. :D www.cjmplantmodels.com

:arrow: is there not a real one of these on ebay for 99p at the momment ?

Maybe! but it would take some size of mantlepiece to fit a real one on - best go for scale model :mrgreen:
"A man reaps what he sows"

Topic author
usedjcbdave

Post #47 by usedjcbdave » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:13 pm

The last JCB 3C Mk I pictured at the JCB Factory in 1968 fitted with the Nuffield 4/65 skid unit and also the optional Rubery Owen front 4in1 shovel (Manufactured under licence from Drott)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
usedjcbdave

Post #48 by usedjcbdave » Fri Dec 30, 2011 8:30 pm

The last JCB 3C Mk I leaves the JCB production line in 1968.Fitted with the Nuffield 4/65 skid unit and the Rubery Owen manufactured 4in1 shovel under licence from Drott.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
usedjcbdave

Post #49 by usedjcbdave » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Its 1963 and a JCB 3C Mk1 has an experimental "futuristic" cab fitted to it as a one off.Made from wood and glass it never saw the light of day.Note the very short dipper and the self levelling loader arms !

smithhymac

Post #50 by smithhymac » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:45 pm

hi there, almost looks like the dipper can extend? albeit by repositioning pins! regards morgan

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”