What is it?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

newjcb123uk

Re: What is it?

Post #21 by newjcb123uk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:06 pm

It might have been a Schaeff or something like that. - I've seen the same pic and believe that yeas another manufacturer of this type of special backhoe loader concept was Schaeff 8-) - I do hope a mainstream backhoe manufacturer does more to pioneer this concept as it makes such sence to have the backhoe to revolve as apposed to slew (although it would still need the ability to be offset where it comes out of the main body of the backhoe like an Hydrema or Hymac 370C arrangement in order to dig close to walls) - That was some machine that Pingon -(Pingu) :D

Robban_C wrote:Mecalac and Pingo (Pingu?) was set up by the old Pel-Job management.

I have seen what looked like a wheeled compact excavator or small rubber duck (360, engine in the upper structure and "small" wheels with front wheel steering) with a front loader on. It might have been a Schaeff or something like that. Just imagine a Volvo wheeled mini with a front loader, all painted in orange if my memory doesnt fail me.
Sorry, no pictures of that strange creature. Stupid me. :dizzy: :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"A man reaps what he sows"

Martyn Henley
Flag: Great Britain

Post #22 by Martyn Henley » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:13 pm

Pingon Smaliev ... the pic that you have is the Pingon Sitting bull :dizzy:

pingion.jpg

Martyn
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

newjcb123uk

Post #23 by newjcb123uk » Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:16 pm

Now now - Martyn have you been at the wiskey cabinet again???? :lol: :lol: :lol:
falkara wrote:Pingon Smaliev ... the pic that you have is the Pingon Sitting bull :dizzy:

Martyn
"A man reaps what he sows"

Jocke

Post #24 by Jocke » Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:04 pm

The hydremas with the turning cabin where sold a few in the stockholm area and they never really catched on , but i think its a shame. They are "nisch" machines and i like that but hoses broke often under the cabin and it was a hell to replace:P ask my father...
The machine on the first page is a hydrema 806 with the "new" loader( it was new in those days) and sideshift on the backhoe
jocke

doremac

Post #25 by doremac » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:52 am

Hydrema at first used Bukh tractors, but as the Bukh Tractor department was closed in 1968, they went on to Volvo Tractors instead

doremac

Post #26 by doremac » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:56 am

The First Picture is with the Bukh trator fitted wiha 554 engine, and the second is on basis of the Volvo tractor

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #27 by XS650 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:13 am

Brilliant ideas ,do those last two machines have 360 degree slew ?
Not all those who wander are lost.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”