3cx reverser

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Deutz631
Flag: Belgium

Re: 3cx reverser

Post #11 by Deutz631 » Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:02 pm

essexpete wrote:Wow some serious fitting there! What where you pushing on for the top pin?

We are pulling it out with a hollow center cylinder, the round base plate is made up with a hole small enough so it pushes against the bush the pin sits in.

Topic author
Deutz631

Post #12 by Deutz631 » Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:09 pm

Good evening , i did a little more work on the backhoe.

The beacon did not work, but since this is mandatory in belgium i had a look at wat was wrong .
Let's say that whoever installed the beacon originally didn't do a very good job. They welded it and screwed it on , but leaving a gap at the top where water and mud could collect between the cab and the little "mounting plate".
Since it needed to take earth via this plate and the bit of cab where it was welded and screwed, wich was rotten away.
I cut the bad bits out at both sides and welded in patch plates.

Don't mind the paint, i intend to paint the cab roof completely when i get a little bit of time again .

Jeremy Rowland

Post #13 by Jeremy Rowland » Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:31 pm

Nice repair :claphands: :thumbup:

Jeremy

Slooby
Flag: Great Britain

Post #14 by Slooby » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:23 pm

That is tidy, MIG or TIG?
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

essexpete

Post #15 by essexpete » Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:30 pm

Very tidy!

Topic author
Deutz631

Post #16 by Deutz631 » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:36 pm

i used the mig , but only put tiny welds next to eachother and alternating sides to let it cool , not to heat it to much to warp, ground the welds flush and a lick of paint so it doesn't rust. Plan is to paint the whole roof when i get a chance in the next time, or in the summer when it is a little warmer outside.

Next job is mounting the new beacon supports . wiring it properly, replace the radio and speakers and wire them properly also.
And then next replacing the rear bucket ram seals wich developed a serieus leak overnight since the frost ? :wtf:
And the front left wheel bearing and seals wich also mysterious started leaking since the cold weather.
Then an attempt to change the seals in the other jack leg, but that one is only sweating a bit. so not high priority.
And final a look at the gearbox. we bought it with gearbox problems , they said when it was hot it would lose drive after 10 mins. but so far it keeps goiïng even after a hour. So goiïng to change the oil and filters on the gearbox and see how it lasts.

Slooby

Post #17 by Slooby » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:19 pm

Nice job with a MIG, I really need to get more practice in on panel welding because I always make a mess with mine trying to run seam welds all the time. Oddly if it had been gas welding I could have made a lovely neat job of it with little distortion which is somewhat backwards considering the relative localised heating effectsof both techniques!
CMN Stuff: MF65, Thwaites Nimline, JCB 3CX
Projects: S11a 88" V8 Hybrid, 2 x S111 109"s, Mk11 Mini, Harrison L5A :doh:
Ish projects: T25 Camper, ST675R
Just added: Alpine S5 & Bridgeport Mk2 :wtf:
Sorely Missed: Impreza, E39 M5

Topic author
Deutz631

Post #18 by Deutz631 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:34 pm

So the gearbox problem finally manifested itself.
It works fine when cold, but after it has warmed up it doesn't go into reverse.
If you let it cool down it works perfectly again and has real pushing power backwards wich leads me to believe the reverse clutch pack seems fine.
The reverse solenoid is activated when you select reverse at the lever. I checked with a magnetic field tester but they also detect small magnetic fields so if the solenoid is bad how would you test this ?

I am meaning to take the whole valve off and inspect it, because in the workshopmanual if you follow the transmission fault finder it says the solenoid valve needs looking at.
I ordered all the o-rings in august but the post has managed to loose them 3!! times after i paid the import duty 3 times .
Does anyone have any other clues to what could be goiing on?

I have also 3 questions,

How do you check the oil-level on the dipstick ? Its a 1991 grey cab synchro-shuttle. Everybody you ask has a different opinion. engine running or engine running and in forward gear. or engine not running ?

And how warm should the coolant get at working temp ? the temperature gauge goes up , stays in the green but just on the border of the orange. If i switch of the engine and feel the radiator , it's cold. Also the hoses to the radiator are cold. I replaced the waterpump , thermostat and the cap. i suspect the temperature switch might be faulty.

How do you operate the glow plugs or heater ? The ignition-key does'nt seem to have a preheat stop or anything and it is a bastard to start if it freezes.

Matchless?58

Post #19 by Matchless?58 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:08 pm

I've got to replace the seals in one of the stabiliser legs on my 3c 11 . After looking at what you had to do to get the pins out I'm really not looking forward to it ! Looking at the way you did achieved it has given me some ideas and pointers if the pins play up . Don't think I've ever read a post on here where this job has been completed with ease . Luck of the draw I guess .

charlie2

Post #20 by charlie2 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:39 pm

Deutz631 wrote:So the gearbox problem finally manifested itself.
It works fine when cold, but after it has warmed up it doesn't go into reverse.
If you let it cool down it works perfectly again and has real pushing power backwards wich leads me to believe the reverse clutch pack seems fine.
The reverse solenoid is activated when you select reverse at the lever. I checked with a magnetic field tester but they also detect small magnetic fields so if the solenoid is bad how would you test this ?

I am meaning to take the whole valve off and inspect it, because in the workshopmanual if you follow the transmission fault finder it says the solenoid valve needs looking at.
I ordered all the o-rings in august but the post has managed to loose them 3!! times after i paid the import duty 3 times .
Does anyone have any other clues to what could be goiing on?

I have also 3 questions,

How do you check the oil-level on the dipstick ? Its a 1991 grey cab synchro-shuttle. Everybody you ask has a different opinion. engine running or engine running and in forward gear. or engine not running ?

And how warm should the coolant get at working temp ? the temperature gauge goes up , stays in the green but just on the border of the orange. If i switch of the engine and feel the radiator , it's cold. Also the hoses to the radiator are cold. I replaced the waterpump , thermostat and the cap. i suspect the temperature switch might be faulty.

How do you operate the glow plugs or heater ? The ignition-key does'nt seem to have a preheat stop or anything and it is a bastard to start if it freezes.

the grey cab machine i used to drive never needed any use of a heater system but i think it was on the first or second click of the ign key, to check the shuttle oil level i just turned off the machine and quickly pulled the dipstick wiped it then put back in and checked it sraight away but i think it could also be checked with engine running as well. i think the preheater was on the inlet manifold with a wire and a small fuel pipe going to it.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”