1983 jcb 3cx

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Madmarcus141
Flag: Great Britain

1983 jcb 3cx

Post #1 by Madmarcus141 » Wed May 06, 2020 5:16 am

Hello new here.been having a read but can’t find what I’m looking for.maybe someone can help I’m looking for a few parts and advice for my 1983 3cx 2wd I have changed just about every ram seal done wiring has anyone got a pic of there slew plate lock is it cable operated or a spring I brought the slew lock as my one was missing I am going to fit it this week if I get time I like to strip parts and rebuild. The jcb I brought has had recon gearbox and brand new converter drives fine brakes work apart from no park brake I now no why it’s not working calliper is missing the 3cx had had a complete cylinder head rebuild but was not done by me and slight air bubbles in water I think this is do to head not being pulled down after a good run slight oil seep from between head and block so for £20 for head gasket il pull head off replace gasket bubbles don’t get worse the hotter it gets would of pulled head down but with all this time on my hands can’t think of nothing better to do and it give me peace of mind to no it’s been done right as I will drive it 10 miles a week when it’s how I want it to be.. would like a front wheel rim I can fit a new tyre on but mostly I would like to no more about the jcb as in it’s model I no that the engine is a Perkins ld 4.236. I have the plate numbers if any can help with them ?

Jeremy Rowland

Re: 1983 jcb 3cx

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed May 06, 2020 2:39 pm

Hi and welcome Mark :wave: I think that Vicary Plant will be the best recommendation for JCB parts. :thumbup:

Jeremy

Topic author
Madmarcus141
Flag: Great Britain

Re: 1983 jcb 3cx

Post #3 by Madmarcus141 » Wed May 06, 2020 7:44 pm

Found them I got few bits from them thanks for the reply

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”