JCB 1700B, Help what do I have?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
ttman4
Flag: United States of America

Re: JCB 1700B, Help what do I have?

Post #21 by ttman4 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:57 pm

agrimax wrote:I think your machine will have a cooler like in the picture. Engine side,below the radiator.

Water hoses go on each end and oil hoses to the small fittings.Water circulates through the outside of a matrix of tubes which are filled with transmission oil.If the matrix leaks,water gets in the oil but tbh,I'd maybe think oil could then get into the water system as well.
Do you have a cooler like above or is there a second radiator in front of the main coolant rad? If there is one in front,it'll be full of oil and is cooled by the fan and has no connection with the coolant.

Reading around here on CMN Forums I stumbled up on this post by agrimax on link "RE: 1988 JCB 3CX Alternator/Tachometer" and this pic of the Shuttle oil cooler looks very much like my cooler set-up on my 1700B. And the descriptions & tips everyone gives & I read are making more & more sense to me as time goes on about the way my JCB is set up & operates.
I just need to find a part # and try to get one ordered. Anyone know maybe a part # for one that will fit my JCB #335539?

Like I say, I think that I'll really like this JCB when I get everything fixed & running! I thank everyone for the answers & tips you have given me!!

Oh, and in my previous post showing the pic of the welded on metal post on my machine, I think I found out that it's for a "Boom Lock" that pieces are not all there. I have posted some questions over on Heavy Equipment Forums & have learned some stuff.

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Post #22 by agrimax » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:36 pm

As far as I can see in the JCB parts listings,the part no. is 30/203200. Hard to find a picture of one with that part no. on Google mind you!
Did come across this though.Not cheap,even for the remanufactured one!
https://globalpartszone.com/search/sear ... 0%2F203200

Topic author
ttman4
Flag: United States of America

Post #23 by ttman4 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:45 pm

Thanks.
Yesterday I called the JCB Dealer in Portland, Oregon & yes apparently the shuttle oilcooler that fits my machine SN# 335539 is the # you gave me, # 30/203200. It is obsolete over here now, but price is US $2,680.24 if one can be found. The dealer also emailed me a schematic & it had many other part #'s.
He & I talked & discussed option of mounting another oil cooler up front of the radiator to air cool the shuttle oil. Just need to figure out what size it would need. Currently there is another cooler mounted in front of the radiator that apparently is power steering oilcooler.
I also Googled the oil cooler # & found one in Florida that is priced US $2,535.72+shipping. I think this is same link you gave me agrimax.

For now I'm going to study & think on my options, get the system flushed, figure out what shape the shuttle is in, then go from there.
Thanks, James

ian2008
Flag: Great Britain

Post #24 by ian2008 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:42 am

Would something like this work instead?
As long as the size is somewhere near it should do the job.
https://www.asap-supplies.com/engine-sp ... ler-203063
These people ship world wide if you are unable to find something similar locally.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”