Jcb 3c2 front loader bucket ram?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
SiH
Flag: France

Jcb 3c2 front loader bucket ram?

Post #1 by SiH » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi folks,
Been doing a few jobs on my 3c2 the last few weeks, (meaning my house, dumper and other projects are on the list to do!). One of them being welding up a 6 foot wide forklift backplate, for moving treetrunks etc, that fits on inplace of the front bucket.
Boy what a fiasco! Wish I’d got hold of proper flipover forks and brackets instead, as it takes ages to swap the bucket for the forks, although visibilty is better with the backplate.
While swapping them over, I noticed the lefthand bucket ram wasnt moving in or out with the right hand one when moving the spool lever.. The problem ram has a slight bend in it too, when fully open. Hopefully its just the seals in the ram gone,but hope its nothing more. Any ideas all? :eh: :eh:

essexpete

Re: Jcb 3c2 front loader bucket ram?

Post #2 by essexpete » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:41 pm

I think you will find that the crowd rams will always do that in a no load situation. We swap between 4in1 and a bale grab. Could make re hitching a pain. Probably be worse if a slight bend. If it is working OK and not leaking then don't worry to much.

Topic author
SiH

Post #3 by SiH » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:18 pm

Really? Thanks Pete! Hope you’re right ;). Weird though, as the other ram went in and out fine into thin air, while this one just sat looking pretty! :)
All the best Pete.

essexpete

Post #4 by essexpete » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:23 pm

Something I thought of doing years ago with our 3C was to make a quick change back plate. I don't know if it would be feasible but it might be possible. Make a back plate with top hooks to pick up the top pins on the bucket. Then once in place use the bottom pins to lock on. You would not have to chop the original bucket. Obviously the tearout would be reduced and overall capacity.

Topic author
SiH

Post #5 by SiH » Sun Aug 11, 2019 7:35 pm

Thats a darn good idea, would save a lot of hassle once its built wouldnt it?. Dont think it would be too hard to build either, especially if you could get hold of an old rusted out or damaged front bucket that could be chopped up for the basic chassis with the brackets still on it?
Another project for the winter I reckon! ;)
Thanks Pete.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”