Irish JCB 3C Mk2

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
richeyc2000
Flag: Ireland

Re: Irish JCB 3C Mk2

Post #31 by richeyc2000 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:51 am

Hello there, Yes, a few years old and I've been busy with a few other projects. Heaterbox rebuild will come after the cab rebuild. Planning the cab rebuild this winter. :)
I'll get a few pictures up ASAP

Topic author
richeyc2000
Flag: Ireland

Post #32 by richeyc2000 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 11:55 am

One thing I have done since my last big post was changing the brake pads, its just a joy to be able to stop the machine now!!! :-) Parts were picked up from vicary plant, shipped to us here in Ireland. :-)

Billy26F5
Flag: Great Britain

Post #33 by Billy26F5 » Fri Aug 04, 2023 1:40 pm

Good to see you back, I haven't been posting on here for long but I have looked at your JCB many times. I particularly liked your ram repair, as we're bound to need to do one some time. Mr. MacGregor's heater is also needing fixing, fortunately it's only the motor in trouble. The brakes also need doing, but we'll need to find the time to do that.It will be nice to have brakes that don't jam on all the time too!
Sandy
ImageImageImage

Adam3c2

Post #34 by Adam3c2 » Sat Aug 12, 2023 5:42 pm

richeyc2000 wrote:Quick update today.
We ordered a mechanical temperature sensor yesterday and it was delivered today.
It’s 15mm OD and it fits perfectly and is sealed correctly.

Turned on the machine and 15 minutes later it started to come up to temperature.

It will be great to know how hot it’s getting now. Mounted here now but may change that later on.

This is how far it would go in. Just sized against the other older spare engine.

Hello! I'm copying this wee idea for a 3C2 I'm putting to work up in Co. Down here...! I've ordered the gauge there but I notice there's a spade terminal on the back in one of the photos. Is it back-lit or does it need some wiring to make the gauge function?

Thanks!

gecko.cx
Flag: Australia

Post #35 by gecko.cx » Sat Aug 12, 2023 9:16 pm

The spade is only for the back light.
The gauge works with a fluid in the copper tube - no power needed.

BTW - if you decide to run one of the 'cooling system' cleaners, the flaky rust WILL dislodge and block the radiator core unless you fit a filter-sock under the top hose.

Running a glycol antifreeze also lubricates the water pump seal.

Adam3c2

Post #36 by Adam3c2 » Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:33 pm

Perfect! Thanks. I had the machine running today for a while and no movement on the original temp gauge. I'll plumb the mechanical one in when it arrives and repeat the test.

I haven't went for any flushing of the cooling system, but I am running glycol based coolant!

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”