VIN / age of JCB 2BII

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
a4ronm

VIN / age of JCB 2BII

Post #1 by a4ronm » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:45 pm

Hi all,

I have recently bought an old JCB 2BII. Its a restoration project, but does run, drive and dig.
I hoped to register it for the road, but I cant find any VIN / serial number or JCB ID plate. Im assuming this has long fallen off!
I have uncovered the Nuffield skid ID plate, along with the number stamped below it. Is there any way to work out what the original VIN number might be? I have emailed JCB about my issue, but they dont seem to be able to help. Are their records poor for old diggers, or are they just not really interested? It also appears to be difficult to source exact spares without this number!

Does anybody have any experience in trying to register their digger with just the details off the skid plate?

Thanks!

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Re: VIN / age of JCB 2BII

Post #2 by XS650 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:49 pm

I'd be tempted to try to register it using the skid unit id , there is plenty of info on Nuffields out there maybe this guy can help-
https://www.thenuffieldandleylandtracto ... istration/
Not all those who wander are lost.

Topic author
a4ronm

Re: VIN / age of JCB 2BII

Post #3 by a4ronm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:46 am

Thanks for that link, hopefully I can get it registered with that. Still struggling with trying to order parts from JCB however, due to the lack of an actual serial number. Im getting by with a lot of research for most parts I need, however, has anybody traced old diggers using local sales lists? I have previously been to my local archive for information on vintage tractors where they are all written down by hand from original dealers, and often contain reg numbers, serial numbers etc.
Does anybody know if such an archive exists for JCB machinery?

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”