Jcb 3cx sitemaster plus manual vs powershift

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
jimbo mac
Flag: Ireland

Jcb 3cx sitemaster plus manual vs powershift

Post #1 by jimbo mac » Tue May 01, 2018 9:40 pm

Hello all
Just looking for opinions on manual or powershift.What is the better of the two.More reliable.Its a 94 3cx sitemaster plus

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Jcb 3cx sitemaster plus manual vs powershift

Post #2 by topkit » Tue May 01, 2018 10:04 pm

I personally prefer manual shuttle gearboxes, although there are lots of powershifts around, i think it really depends on what you are doind if its lots of roadwork the the powershift is nice, but if you are just on a smallholding you would not see much benefit, i have had manual boxes and my last machine was a Case 590 poweshift which took some getting used to it was smooth and had a fair bit of speed you could drive it like a car it even had kick down on the accelarator, The solenoids can play up which cause problems but they are not too expensive to replace. Its down to personal choice

essexpete

Re: Jcb 3cx sitemaster plus manual vs powershift

Post #3 by essexpete » Thu May 03, 2018 12:16 am

Not used either machine but judging by the info on some of the farming forum the power shift boxes can be a problem and very expensive to repair. I think at the age you are looking at I would go manual. My telehandler is about as basic as you can get in the transmission dept. It is an '04 with a four speed manual syncro with a dump button on the stick. Easy to use. The only clutch packs and solenoids are for the forward and reverse. A guy with a lot more knowledge than I have suggested it as a model to have.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”