jcb 3cx hydraulics

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
baynessfarm
Flag: Great Britain

jcb 3cx hydraulics

Post #1 by baynessfarm » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi
I have a 3cx white cab (i think)i think its from mid 80's and chassis number is 328997

it lost its hydraulics the other day so i freed off the main pressure valve which got it going but it doesnt seem to have any power in the front hydraulics so was looking for a workshop manual so i could test etc

i cannot get the one on this site to load

also i had the valve block out is it possible to put the pipes on in the wrong order seems silly but they are all black and it was snowing as it sounds like I ma flowing some oil from the bucket rams when I try to lift

thanks

MIke

le.maisonniau
Flag: France

Re: jcb 3cx hydraulics

Post #2 by le.maisonniau » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:48 pm

Hi Mike,
If you cannot get the one to load from this site, PM me, I have one for 3CX 290000 models.
John
When you come to a fork in the road - take it :dizzy:

super6954
Flag: Canada

Post #3 by super6954 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:57 am

Hi Mike
If a hose screws on to the fitting and it's long enough it will fit anywhere so yes it's possible. The spool fittings are set up in pairs the fittings for each separate spool function will be one behind the other. not one one say to the left and one to the right of it. so say it's the lift section find out which one controls it in the block with the lever. Then make sure you have the 2 lines from the lift rams connected to that slice so it lifts and lowers the right way. then do the same for all the other slices/ functions.

If you have any hoses that cross the spool sections you are trying to push oil in one side of the cylinder when you pull the lever, but it can't go back anywhere from the oil coming out the other side of the same cylinders. Everything is fighting the opposite reaction , if that makes sense. so one pipe from the loader crossed with one from the bucket might mean the booms trying to lift but the oil coming out from the down side can't go back in the closed bucket spool.

Hopefully the manual will help you with a diagram if not you need to follow everything and figure it out.
I could do it but find it difficult to explain in the written form, that's why I'm not a teacher and you are totally lost even more now L.O.L
Regards Robert

Topic author
baynessfarm

Post #4 by baynessfarm » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi

that makes total sense and is easy to check as well

thanks

Mike

Topic author
baynessfarm

Post #5 by baynessfarm » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:44 am

got to the bottom of my hydraulic problem as the pump seized only problem is there is no plate on the pump to say what it is even after I removed it and cleaned it
images/userpix/64641_1J07DAIGMI51G1521106760.jpg
removal was made easy s the key had sheared and let the shaft knock a hole in the radiator

the machines serial number is 3cx 32899t/p/s

i have tried to upload a picture from my gallery but i think it keeps loading them there

any help on the serial number or where to buy a decent but not too expensive replacement gladly received

Topic author
baynessfarm

Post #6 by baynessfarm » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:54 pm

hi the machine serial number is 3cx 328997/p/s and its the pump part no i need

thansk

mike

essexpete

Post #7 by essexpete » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:38 am

Don't know anything about that model of pump but I see you have an extender hoe so you probably have the dual pump. Yours is a mid 80s Black cab version. Someone will probably know what you need on here.
The following may not be the model you want but the firm may help ID?

good luck

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Park ... rmvSB=true

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”