mf50hx workshop manuel

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
blackbandit
Flag: Great Britain

mf50hx workshop manuel

Post #1 by blackbandit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:34 am

Hi sorry im new to this , ive just bought a 1991 mf50hx backhoe ,and im desperatly looking for a workshop manuel ,at the moment i have a problem with the steering being notchy , it seems like its low on oïl but ive checked the levels and seems to be ok ,the second problem i have is it wont drive along ,it doesant seem like the clutch is engaging ???? its strange because if i turn the the sterring sometimes the drive comes back , any advice or help would be greatly recieved
Adrian

topkit

Re: mf50hx workshop manuel

Post #2 by topkit » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum, There are usually several 50HX operators manuals on Ebay, it sounds like something on your steering is effecting the drive then if it is working intermitantly could it be the transmission dump valve osr something connected to it is causing your transmission to stop engaging, i take it your digger has a 4 speed gearbox with a forward and reverse shuttle on the left hand column, that was a very good transmission alot of people still rate the 50hx against the later MF 860 machines.

jcb4cx

Post #3 by jcb4cx » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:56 pm

look through the hatch in the floor under your feet , you will see two solenoids each side on the top of the box , most likely one of these playing up , swap the plugs when it wont move and see
every village has one , is yours missing you

Topic author
blackbandit

Post #4 by blackbandit » Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:52 am

Hi - one more question please
The battery with the mf 50hx is not the right one and not powerful enough to start it now its cold
Can someone please tell me what battery is the correct one, and recommend a make

Many thanks and advance
Adrian

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”