JCB 3C 11 steering leak

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
HommeDom
Flag: France

JCB 3C 11 steering leak

Post #1 by HommeDom » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:18 pm

Good evening. Firstly hello, I am an arborist that has re-located to France. I have purchased a JCB 3c 2 to help with the work here. Well it's a good excuse to have one. It will need a fair bit of work I suspect but the first problem is that about 1 minute after I'd tested it and handed over the money the power steering pump under the wheel sprayed oil over the cab, my trousers and the road.
I have removed the pump and stripped it and, bearing in mind I'm not a jcb mechanic it looks fine. However there's no seals that I can find. Can anyone help with exploded diagrams and does anyone know where I can get new seals and bearings, preferably in a kit for it? I have spent a few nights on the net and the diagrams I can find are all fuzzy. Hopefully there should be some pictures of the pump stripped as I understand that there are different ones fitted.
My apologies for the rambling.
Any help will be gratefully received. Thank you for taking the time to read this, if you got this far.
Dominic.

Mark.Rive

Re: JCB 3C 11 steering leak

Post #2 by Mark.Rive » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Hi, welcome to CMN. There were 2 types of steering units, Danfoss and Plessey, if you go to the downloads section at the top of the page, look for JCB, click on "JCB" then look for the workshop manual for your machine.

All the details you need regarding both units are there. Good luck Mark :thumbup:

Topic author
HommeDom

Post #3 by HommeDom » Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:57 pm

Good evening Mark. Thanks for the information. I know it's me but I found the manual I think I need. Clicked download and ended up with what looks like computer babble. When it comes to matters electronic let's just say computers and I don't get on. Can you tell me what I did wrong? Thanks.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #4 by Jeremy Rowland » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:46 am

HommeDom wrote:Good evening Mark. Thanks for the information. I know it's me but I found the manual I think I need. Clicked download and ended up with what looks like computer babble. When it comes to matters electronic let's just say computers and I don't get on. Can you tell me what I did wrong? Thanks.

I will bring this to the attention of the site admin so he can check that the files are okay, I suspect that the files are in pdf format so you would need the Adobe reader on your pc to open the file; Holger still has to get the site transferred to another server because of login issues and slow to post etc. so please be patient the site will be back up to its high standard once it has been transferred, unfortunately the chap who handles this has been ill.

Jeremy

Holger
Site Admin
Flag: Sweden

Post #5 by Holger » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:37 am

Which file exactly do you mean?
And what error message do you get?
Some resources:
How-To

Topic author
HommeDom

Post #6 by HommeDom » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:42 pm

Good evening Admin. It must be the software my phone uses. It comes up as gibberish but on the laptop is fine so I don't think there's anything wrong your end. It's my equipment at fault. It appears there is not a seal kit available for the pump although I have still not been able to identify it for sure but it looks like the smart money's on it being a Plessey. Looks like a used unit is the way ahead. Bother.

Jeremy Rowland

Post #7 by Jeremy Rowland » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:35 am

HommeDom wrote:Good evening Admin. It must be the software my phone uses. It comes up as gibberish but on the laptop is fine so I don't think there's anything wrong your end. It's my equipment at fault. It appears there is not a seal kit available for the pump although I have still not been able to identify it for sure but it looks like the smart money's on it being a Plessey. Looks like a used unit is the way ahead. Bother.

Dominic I have made the Admin aware of this issue.

Jeremy

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”