Clutch stuck on 3c?

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

tctractors
Flag: Great Britain

Re: Clutch stuck on 3c?

Post #21 by tctractors » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:13 pm

The Leyland Farm Tractor Clutch is the same fitted to D.Brown tractors although the plate drive changes from G/Box to PTO drive, the JCB single plate drive clutch also has the tube/sleeve and pin job, to remove the spigot shaft you have to remove the drilled screw bolt from the end of the Main input shaft.
tctractors

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #22 by Mrsmackpaul » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:07 am

FOWLER MAN wrote:
Mrsmackpaul wrote:were these JCB's based on a Nuffield or Leyland if the clutch comes out the top ????they are the only tractors I have seen like that a good idea if they are

Paul

As has been said they are based on the Nuffield / Leyland tractor. I just thought I'd mention for the record that the David Brown tractors had the same out through the top arrangement with just a sliding splined sleeve linking the spigot shaft to the gearbox.
Fred

Im learning heaps here and I dont even own a JCB

So I gather right up to the 1200 David Brown had the same set up and I wonder did the Case models that David Brown became continue with this same thought pattern to me it is common sense and a really smart Idea but I guess it cost more to make but made life simpler when working on it
The Leyland 285 and I guess 2100 (never sold them out here) dropped out the bottom just pulled the big cover off and there it all was a real shame about the motor mountings of the those bigger Leylands was their weak spot and the problems flowed on from there once one let go

great stuff every body

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
SiH
Flag: France

Post #23 by SiH » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi all,
Got the machine home now at last, and am really pleased it is-so I can play!!
Tried driving it round in low 4th while jabbing/holding the clutch and brakes down for about 15 mins so far with no luck freeing the clutch off. Tried putting it in 4th high and managed to pull away,but it makes a knock/tap that increases with speed,so think a tooth may be off high ratio,as it doesnt do it in low in any gear :?
How serious is this?,it works ok just makes the sound I described before. Obviously isnt good to have a bit of cog floating loose inside the gearbox either.
Apart from this,I`m really impressed with the old girl, and boy they have some power dont they?! :thumbup:

TullyveeryClassicJCB

Post #24 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:20 pm

Have you a mound of soil or stone or something that you could drive into this always frees the clutches for me.

Do you find much of a difference in speed between hi and lo? I find hardly any difference.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Topic author
SiH

Post #25 by SiH » Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:38 am

Thanks William,good idea and I have a big pile of soil ideal for it. But the thing I`m worried about is getting it out of gear if it stalls in the pile-I dont want to snap a lever trying to force it out when its under pressure? any suggestions? and what gear would you use?
You`re right about the ratios,there doesnt seem much difference between the two does there? So maybe I should live with it for now eh.

TullyveeryClassicJCB

Post #26 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:47 pm

Don't let is stall! Have your hand on the Stop cable. Use first gear.
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Topic author
SiH

Post #27 by SiH » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:41 pm

Thanks William-understood,but I`ve gone for the `strip it all out way now instead`!! Cant believe for a machine that age how well everything has come apart so far-not one seized nut yet?! All out apart from the top lift out section of the f"£$%^@g bell housing! :dizzy:
Any tips would be greatly appreciated boys. (dont think I`ve seen girls writing on here? Have I?!?)

Topic author
SiH

Post #28 by SiH » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:35 pm

`Artnoon all!
Got the bell housing over to the left hand side of the gearbox,with enough room to free off the clutch which is cool,so thats done. So for the time being, its a goer! :)
Just need to replace an inch wide core plug,and get a new fan for the engine (the one on it pushes the air forwards through the rad!?!-looks like the rads been rendered with dirt engine side due to this!),fix the leaky steering orbital (is it difficult to do?),and cure an annoying smallish leak by the main hydraulic filter,weld up a crack at the base of the loader arm mounting,and then it will hopefully be `playable` with.
So all in all,I think its brilliant thing! :thumbup:

Mrsmackpaul
Flag: Australia

Post #29 by Mrsmackpaul » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:14 am

Mate gotta be happy with the result well done

Paul
Your better to die trying than live on your knees begging

Topic author
SiH

Post #30 by SiH » Mon Feb 22, 2016 9:57 am

Cheers Paul! Thats kind of you. Great forum this is eh?- So good to know theres blokes all over the place willing to give a hand. :)

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”