JCB 3D111 Serial Number

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Nelson
Flag: Great Britain

JCB 3D111 Serial Number

Post #1 by Nelson » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:20 am

Hi all

please can you help me I have been restoring My Jcb 3D for the last couple of years and have come to the stage I wish register with the DVLA. I have sent a V62 off 3 times and they have returned saying they are unable to find my machine. Im sure that it has been used on the road in the past as it has a builders details still partially visible. I am attempting to upload a picture of the plate if anyone could point me in the right direction of the chassis number I would be very Grateful

Garry

Stormin

Re: JCB 3D111 Serial Number

Post #2 by Stormin » Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:03 pm

The second box down with number ending 400 is your VIN to added to the V62 form.
Bare in mind that it was probably on the road a long time ago and hasn't been registered for ages. The original Registration plate if interesting could have been transferred. DVLA's records have only recently been computerised any old records are likely left in a dusty archive.

Facts the DVLA are interested in when you attempt to register a vehicle are:-
1) Is it a real vehicle or something you are attempting to pass off as something else. To prove this you should send a couple of good photographs to prove the vehicle actually exists and it is what you are claiming it to be.
2) Does it have a set emissions CO2 level. You need to prove the age of the machine puts it before CO2 levels where introduced.
3) What taxation value will apply to it. You need to prove it is old enough to be tax exempt (nil rated historic) or otherwise.

In the case of tractors or military vehicles I have registered it is sometimes helpful to involve an owners club or DVLA recognised body that will vouch for the provenance of the vehicle. This makes it simpler to register. The other method was that sometimes you were asked to take a vehicle along to a DVLA office or have someone come out to inspect it. Have you tried contacting JCB for a proof of age of the vehicle?

What responses have you had from the DVLA on the three occasions you have dealt with them? Surely they have given you an indication of reasons for refusal. Is there not a local DVLA office you can call in to speak to someone knowledgable in person? Have you paid the £25 fee each time?

http://www.nationalnumbers.co.uk/dvla-guide/dvla-local-offices-42.htm

Topic author
Nelson

Post #3 by Nelson » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:16 pm

Thanks for the information, I have had a cheque returned to me on 3 occasions stating they had no record of the machine but I used the top line information so no wonder they where unable to find it. I will try your suggestions and get back to you

usedjcbdave

Post #4 by usedjcbdave » Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:17 pm

The VIN number is not shown on the plate as others suggest.It has to be 17 digits long.You will have to apply for a year related registration number from DVLA Swansea only [most of the local DVLA offices are now closed] and use a V55/5 application form.The fee is £ 25.00 and its class is Special Vehicle.Road tax is £ 90.75 for 6 months or £ 175 for the full year.Also attach your insurance cover note !

TullyveeryClassicJCB

Post #5 by TullyveeryClassicJCB » Sun Dec 20, 2015 12:32 pm

Any pictures of your 3DIII? I own one or two myself and I'm thinking the one you have has the 3x3 transmission? Am I right?
William

JCB Hydra Digger Loadall 65
JCB 3DIII Powertrain
JCB 3DIII (Manual)
JCB 3DII
JCB 3CIII
JCB 805B

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”