JCB backhoe electrical problem

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Eddie Cåstlé

JCB backhoe electrical problem

Post #1 by Eddie Cåstlé » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:05 pm

I know this is a longshot, but here goes… My father has a 1989 JCB 1400 backhoe. He's had it for a couple of months, worked very well until a couple of days ago. He's having trouble with it blowing a fuse whenever he turns the ignition. According to the label on the cover over the fuse box, it's a 5 amp fuse labeled "Engine Stop." Does anybody happen to know where the Engine Stop is located, where the wire from this fuse goes? Not having any luck finding a wiring diagram for this tractor. Would greatly appreciate any advice.

agrimax
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB backhoe electrical problem

Post #2 by agrimax » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 pm

That'll be a grey cab 3CX to us in the UK! I would think the engine stop will be the fuel cut off solenoid on the injector pump.Shouldn't be too hard to find it on the pump, with a wire attached to it.When you find it,remove the wire and see if the fuse blows.If it does,it'll be in a fault in the circuit and if it doesn't,the solenoid is at fault.

topkit
Flag: Great Britain

Re: JCB backhoe electrical problem

Post #3 by topkit » Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:55 pm

I would also have a look in the dash board if you remove the dash panel with the gauges in it you will be able to see the back of the ignition switch so you can check the wires on the terminls too, i had a wire haning off mine when i irst got it.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”