powerfab 300 loader

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
anthem1

powerfab 300 loader

Post #1 by anthem1 » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:42 pm

hello all , im new to the forum .....I have attached a photo (I think)....does anyone have any information on this little loader ....I can find little to no information other than what is on the "oily" web site, I was donated it as not working ....but with some TLC it is now running real good

Regard's Neil
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tillywolves
Flag: Great Britain

Re: powerfab 300 loader

Post #2 by Tillywolves » Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:45 pm

What a cracking little project... welcome to the forum...

Not much comes up on a search...

http://www.oilyhands.co.uk/images/Powerfab_Julian/300%20Skid%20Steer%20spec%20and%20price%20list.pdf

Jeremy Rowland

Post #3 by Jeremy Rowland » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:57 am

Hi Neil and welcome to CMN :wave: this is a Powerfab it was made by the company of that name who was based in Wales they also produced a small tow along mini-digger that was powered by a Honda petrol engine. The company ceased trading some years ago now I did come across one of the tow along mini-diggers that had recently been restored at this years Chipping Steam Fair.

Jeremy

XS650
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by XS650 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:09 am

There stuff was very well thought of in its time , generally reckoned as the best of the mini 'tow along' diggers .
Not all those who wander are lost.

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #5 by FOWLER MAN » Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:57 pm

Hi.
These were made at Tredegar just up the road from me.
I know it's of no help, but though Powerfab started by making the tow along digger they were probably eventualy best known for their " Lifton" high tip dumper. There was also a 1 / 1.5 tonne 360 slew mini, and a pedestrian opperated crawler loader.
Pretty sure they were taken over by Neuson, ( now Wacker Neuson). A local tansport contractor friend was delivering Neuson machines from the Tredegar factory at one time.
Fred

Topic author
anthem1

Post #6 by anthem1 » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:01 pm

Hi Fred, I also live not to far ...a place called Tonyrefail in RCT ..... I acquired the loader from a chap in Nelson , he owned it from new he used to load sand for delivery from his builders yard....he retired 10+ years ago and took it home with him it sat like an ornament ever since in his garden his wife had enough and away it had to go ....I just happened to be the lucky recipient.....and free of charge as well

Also thanks for all the welcomes

Neil

FOWLER MAN
Flag: Wales

Post #7 by FOWLER MAN » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:16 pm

anthem1 wrote:Hi Fred, I also live not to far ...a place called Tonyrefail in RCT ..... I acquired the loader from a chap in Nelson , he owned it from new he used to load sand for delivery from his builders yard....he retired 10+ years ago and took it home with him it sat like an ornament ever since in his garden his wife had enough and away it had to go ....I just happened to be the lucky recipient.....and free of charge as well

Neil

Hi Neil,
Its a small world, heres a pic. of Nelson that I just took from my window.
01991_Capture.jpg

How did you manage to get hold of that loader from right under my nose :?: :?: :lol: :lol:
I have been in building, civils and plant hire in the area for many years, thought sure I'd know about someting like the Powerfab. :think:
B100LOADER and Ianto 36 on this forum are from Tonyrefail too, and Lynx Man is just down the road from you at Blackmill.
Good luck.
Fred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FOWLER MAN on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
anthem1

Post #8 by anthem1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:25 pm

FOWLER MAN wrote:
anthem1 wrote:Hi Fred, I also live not to far ...a place called Tonyrefail in RCT ..... I acquired the loader from a chap in Nelson , he owned it from new he used to load sand for delivery from his builders yard....he retired 10+ years ago and took it home with him it sat like an ornament ever since in his garden his wife had enough and away it had to go ....I just happened to be the lucky recipient.....and free of charge as well

Neil

Hi Neil,
Its a small world, heres a pic. of Nelson that I just took from my window.
01991_Capture.jpg

How did you manage to get hold of that loader from right under my nose :?: :?: :lol: :lol:
I have been in building, civils and plant hire in the area for many years, thought sure I'd know about someting like the Powerfab. :think:
Ianto 36 on this forum is from Tonyrefail too, and Lynx Man is just down the road from you at Blackmill.
Good luck.
Fred

Wow looks pretty high up there , its good to know there are local people on the forum ...it was only by chance it happened....right place ....right time

im working on the attachable wheels and tow bar that came with it for moving it around the roads ...the wheels are in a bit of a state ...most probably need replacing ...i will posts a picture after

Neil

Topic author
anthem1

Post #9 by anthem1 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:05 pm

i think the Little loader is quite happy in its new home

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”