CAT 432E

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
Jim M
Flag: Great Britain

CAT 432E

Post #1 by Jim M » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:43 pm

This is one of two cat backhoe loaders which is run by W. Daniels Plant Hire Ltd which i work for and are locally based in Plymouth.As i don't operate backhoes much i found this machine quite nice to operate with its pilot controls for the back end but i did find the front end to be a tad light,but not bad for cat.Personally the worst thing that any manufacturer has put on there machines are pallet forks i hate um :lol:

Jim :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jeremy Rowland

Re: CAT 432E

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:58 am

Nice pics Jim :thumbs_up: but must say I'm not too keen on the black paint, as per JCB 4CX thread somebody please tell the manufacturers we all hate black and yellow machines. :)

Jeremy

RichardJW~

Post #3 by RichardJW~ » Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:32 pm

Looks like you're up around Dartmoor there, Jim. Anywhere near Ivybridge/Cornwood?

Joes1989

Post #4 by Joes1989 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:27 pm

as per JCB 4CX thread somebody please tell the manufacturers we all hate black and yellow machines

I personally like the new 432 and the black on the JCB's too. Well not the black cylinders but the axels looks cracking!

Joe

Topic author
Jim M

Post #5 by Jim M » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Yes Richard your right.These Pictures were taken at my dads farm at Cornwood.I hired the machine off my boss Bill Daniels to do a few jobs around the farm,Graded the farm tracks ,picked up some scrap and dug some drainage ditches

Last edited by Jim M on Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

equipment fan

Post #6 by equipment fan » Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:56 pm

nice cat backhoe!Don`t know why you guys have sideshift backhoes and here,center-mount backhoe?Can anyone tell me the reason?The only sideshift that we can buy is the jcb`s one.Is it because you have tight area to work?Thanks

Col 140

Post #7 by Col 140 » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:02 pm

equipment fan wrote:nice cat backhoe!Don`t know why you guys have sideshift backhoes and here,center-mount backhoe?Can anyone tell me the reason?The only sideshift that we can buy is the jcb`s one.Is it because you have tight area to work?Thanks

That's a question I keep asking!! I don't see the point of centremount backhoes anymore :? They're old fashioned :roll: A sideshift is a far more versatile machine, you'd stuggle to find a centremount in the UK. A sideshift can dig alongside walls a lot easier, you can dig square holes without repositioning the machine and the stabilizers don't have to sit out wider than the machine when they're down, amongst other things. I don't understand why the USA and Canada don't have wide spread use of the sideshift backhoe :? :o
The JCB backhoe is and always has been the best backhoe in my opinion :thumbs_up:

Col :P

RichardJW~

Post #8 by RichardJW~ » Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:20 pm

Jim M wrote:Yes Richard your right.These Pictures were taken at my dads farm at Cornwood.I hired the machine off my boss Bill Daniels to do a few jobs around the farm,Graded the farm track off,picked up some scrap and dug some drainage ditches

Ahh, I see.
Grandfather on mother's side used to farm up there in Cornwood, Rook Farm ring any bells?
Him & his missus retired back in the '60s and just moved across the village to Corntown.

Richard

equipment fan

Post #9 by equipment fan » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:31 am

Col 140 wrote:
equipment fan wrote:nice cat backhoe!Don`t know why you guys have sideshift backhoes and here,center-mount backhoe?Can anyone tell me the reason?The only sideshift that we can buy is the jcb`s one.Is it because you have tight area to work?Thanks

That's a question I keep asking!! I don't see the point of centremount backhoes anymore :? They're old fashioned :roll: A sideshift is a far more versatile machine, you'd stuggle to find a centremount in the UK. A sideshift can dig alongside walls a lot easier, you can dig square holes without repositioning the machine and the stabilizers don't have to sit out wider than the machine when they're down, amongst other things. I don't understand why the USA and Canada don't have wide spread use of the sideshift backhoe :? :o
The JCB backhoe is and always has been the best backhoe in my opinion :thumbs_up:

Col :P

many of backhoe customer ask to the company like Deere,cat,etc to produce sideshift backhoe to the u.s. and canada market.Probably,in a couple of years, we will see those...

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”