Post #1 by grant » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:59 pm

hubert

Re: Jcb 3cx on eBay

Post #2 by hubert » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:47 pm

Tidy machine. Low hours too.

the_jcb_boy

Post #3 by the_jcb_boy » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:29 pm

I've seen it here before too. It was about half a year ago, some1 was doing a restoration job on their 3cx and was posting images as he got along. I'm sure of it because the picture of the rear boom arm extended on eBay is the same as he posted it here.

It's a job well done, I'm an owner of a greycab as well and wouldn't mind mine looking like that, but would break my heart when i would scratch it during work though (have a lot of country road maintenance on my estate and work in a forested area). Don't know what the prices are on the island, but here on the mainland, the asking price is too high. Considering when you calculate the amount of work that is needed to transform a machine of that age to showroom condition the price is spot on.

I bought my machine for little less than 6000 euros, it's in working condition and i worked last year through entire summer with it, pushing it hard on the hot sun, digging and moving dirt, landscaping, digging and moving giant boulders which i could hardly pick up (largest was about 2 m3 of solid rock which is about 3 tons and didn't have any problems with it), work in the forest making roads and loading logs, etc. The only problems i had was a blown radiator pipe (which was my fault for not cleaning the radiator which clogged up), blown hydraulic hoses (which were already old), flat tires (again me, found some nails on the construction site of my country house) and filter/oil change when i bought it. It's all about the needs of the buyer.

All the best luck to the seller and the buyer of the above mentioned machine. Hope it finds a good home.

Topic author
grant
Flag: Great Britain

Post #4 by grant » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:05 pm

I'am in the process of buying a grey cab subject to going out and testing it out i was offered it a while back and the guy kept getting more work for it but he gave me a call the other week to say he's nearly finished with it i'am glad I waited as I was meant to get it a year ago and last August he had to spend £2500 on the transmission I think a shaft of some description had stripped or something it's an 8 stud axle I would have ideally had a 5 stud axle one but there's not much up my way for sale

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”