Looking at a 3C mk3 this weekend. Any advice !!

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Jeremy Rowland

Re: Looking at a 3C mk3 this weekend. Any advice !!

Post #101 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:32 am

essexpete wrote:Can you do my 3ton Thwaites next. Looks like it was painted without an undrcoat!

And a Hymac 580BT :thumbup: :lol: :lol:

Jeremy

Topic author
Tillywolves
Flag: Great Britain

Post #102 by Tillywolves » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:06 pm

Its not a restoration, just fancied tidying up the bucket before I move the digger up to my filed for the winter... I'll have a go at the front lifter forks next year, and replace the hoses. Dont want to spend too much money and time on it, as its just a cheap work tool.

I've also got a Nimbus dumper that could do with a paint, but its just not worth it, as the tubs so far gone..

Topic author
Tillywolves

Post #103 by Tillywolves » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:49 pm

Whilst the front buckets been hard over, the front left bucket ram is leaking. Never noticed this before. Does anyone know what seal kit Im going to need and how difficult a job is changing the seals ?

Original URL: http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/tillywolves/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1427_zpsspmh0anf.jpg

Original URL: http://i893.photobucket.com/albums/ac137/tillywolves/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG1428_zpsp58lcelu.jpg

Topic author
Tillywolves

Post #104 by Tillywolves » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:31 am

Quick search, and I think I've found it...

Part Number 991/00003, this kit is a Seal Kit for JCB machines.
This kit operates on the model 3CMKIII - Backhoe Loaders - in the Bucket cylinders. This kit has 2.000in rod size and 4.000in piston size.

http://www.claron.co.uk/seals/index.php ... s_id=37320

mickdoc6238
Flag: France

Post #105 by mickdoc6238 » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:56 am

Hi Tillywolves
Great post here and just reading though all of the pages as both your Machine and mine are the same age and some of the problems you have had/are having need to be sorted out on mine.Shame I did not see it sooner.
By the way the picture you put up on my Tread and on here with the little gauze filter and Injection inlet pipe ......does the little end piston fit into the spring the same way as in the picture as when I put mine back I was unsure if the longer end went into the spring or the shorter......I opted for the Longer which is how it looks on your picture.

agrimax

Post #106 by agrimax » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:32 am

Same as the picture.......long end up.

Topic author
Tillywolves

Post #107 by Tillywolves » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:20 am

Mines still in the packet.. :o and on a list of things to do...

Does anyone have a good supplier of seals ? Will be picking up a 36 inch set of Stilsons today from TFM. Im sure there's a scaffold tube in the garden somewhere..

Topic author
Tillywolves

Post #108 by Tillywolves » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:52 pm

Its spring, and now its warmer, Im doing some work on the old girl, and started to give her a new coat of paint. Im using Tractol paint, after rubbing down the old paint with a flapwheel. Its a bit sticky, and this can lead to runs, but hey ho, its a piece of plant. Im not doing a restoration project, just tarting it up a little. Got hold of some scrap lights and I know the perfectionists will gasp in horror, but they will look ok when wired up. Going to have another stab at a rewire this summer, time permitting. Just contacted DVLA to replace the V5 I've lost and get it tax exempt. They want a V10, a V112, a photo of the interior, exterior, and a description of what the digger is going to be used for, before they make it exempt. She's going to have to be moved this summer to another plot of land, so will be making her road legal to drive. She's already been insured for the last two years, but never moved out of my garden.
Im going to need a new boss on some of the joints, as they are worn away. Does anyone know where I can get some from, or will I have to speak to my local engineering shop and get them custom made ? They will just then need cutting out, and new ones welded in place.

Traditionalists look away now.

New boss needed. From where ?

Going to use her to clear this acre of my land of trees and stumps.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”