JCB 3c MK3 hydraulic hose part no.s

Discuss loaders/backhoes here

Topic author
soatit

JCB 3c MK3 hydraulic hose part no.s

Post #1 by soatit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:43 am

Hi Guys/Girls

I have an old JCB 3c mk3 and on the back hoe i need to replace two hydraulic hoses that control the bucket ram, location of hoses are the two middle hoses out of four at base of the slew which is attached to kingpost.

Through my research i have found these codes 629/02900 and 629/05500 which when trying to source comes up with the JCB 3CX model. I am not a veteran with JCB's but love machinery and im starting to get the bug now.

Any help would be very greatfull, if anyone has list of part no.s for the whole hydraulic lines greatly appreciate them as i want to give the old girl the love she needs, that as well as i need to excavate 650 m3 for my house build and would like it to go smoothly.

I have pictures if it helps.

Many Thanks David

Jeremy Rowland

Re: JCB 3c MK3 hydraulic hose part no.s

Post #2 by Jeremy Rowland » Wed May 07, 2014 7:59 am

Hi David and welcome to CMN :wave: I'm sure somebody on here can help you out.

Jeremy

essexpete

Post #3 by essexpete » Wed May 07, 2014 9:26 am

I did buy a few hoses from the JCB agent 20+ years ago and at that time they were competitive if done on a part number. Today with a machine of that age I think I would get the old ones off and take them to a local hyd pipe supplier. A few caveats: Did the existing hose fit and lay correctly? If the answer is yes make sure the pipe fitter make them exactly. Ring around for an approximate price giving the hose spec. You seem to get better prices by doing that rather than just turning up. Recently had some 1/4in made up for my sprayer, 2 hoses total of 6m. One company £44 another £110. Obviously went to the 1st company, son went for me. When they made up the invoice the guy said £60+.Son said that Dad had a quote, and that was followed by ''Ah! ok''. :roll:

Topic author
soatit

Post #4 by soatit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:23 pm

cheers essex pete,

im trying to avoid entirely dismantling the pipe system for the back hoe but if i cannot get my hands on the part no.s then it will ultimately be my last choice. I have however been in touch with some HPS and they kindly sent me diagrame asking which no. pipes i needed as for the codes i sent them which are the same as above they hadn't a clue. ha ha.

Topic author
soatit

Post #5 by soatit » Wed May 07, 2014 7:24 pm

apologies miss spelt "diagram"

Steelfab

Post #6 by Steelfab » Wed May 14, 2014 12:45 am

Hi the hoses you need are part numbers 614/21700 as I replaced mine whilst doing the restoration of my 3C MK III. The list price from JCB is around £70 each. I have some spare new hoses and good second hand ones. The hoses are 5/8" BSP fittings female straight - female 90 degree on the other end.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Topic author
soatit

Post #7 by soatit » Wed May 14, 2014 6:28 am

Hi Julian, Many thanks for responding to my topic and also for the info in regards to the part no. which is going to help me out alot as im trying to source one as i write this. i have attached a pdf of the back section as it describes the associated hoses for there positions but not there part no.s cheeky JCB. £70.00 is bit strong just for a ink on paper but guess thats commerce. I shall report back to this post with an update asap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Loaders/Backhoes”